Skip to main content

QUESTION TIME

More
4 years 9 months ago #201150 by geoffb
Replied by geoffb on topic QUESTION TIME
Just fitted a set of Au including cowl on a Fairlane project and are easy to install a tapped in sender switch to a relay a couple little
mods to cowl and looks the part Just a thought as to why you dont see them done on larger trucks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 9 months ago #201152 by Blackduck59
Replied by Blackduck59 on topic QUESTION TIME
Possibly they do not move enough air and there are a couple of air or electric operated fan clutches already in use which basically do the same thing to reduce noise and parasitic load when not required.
Cheers Steve

More
4 years 9 months ago #201203 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic QUESTION TIME
looking at a truck in NSW. Bloke says it comes with a "brown slip" what is that.

Lang

More
4 years 9 months ago #201204 by Dave_64
Replied by Dave_64 on topic QUESTION TIME
He's possibly colour blind??
Used to be pink then changed to green some time ago, but then I have been out of the state for quite some time.

More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #201206 by oliver1950
Replied by oliver1950 on topic QUESTION TIME
Only 2 types
Pink Slips for vehicles already registered
Blue Slips for unregistered vehicles
Green Slips are for third party ,nothing to do with roadworthy.

You can't have too many toys!
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by oliver1950. Reason: Added more info
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave_64

More
4 years 9 months ago #201208 by Vic Rhodes
Replied by Vic Rhodes on topic QUESTION TIME
Brown Slips are (or were) for heavy vehicles over 4.5 Tonne GVM

They're all online now so you can print 'em off any colour you want....

More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #201209 by Lang
Vic
It seems the Brown Slip is for passing an inspection either at the Government inspection point or authorised inspection station for vehicles over 4.5 tonnes.

I can understand how you can renew rego etc on line but not how you can do an inspection on line. Maybe once you get inspected and your Brown Slip in hand you can use the slip serial number on your rego application on line?

What is a Brown Slip e-Safety Check?
Inspections for heavy vehicles
Heavy vehicles require inspections in order to be registered in NSW, and to renew their registration. Inspections are carried out at a Heavy Vehicle Authorised Inspection Station (HVAIS), or by Roads and Maritime Services, depending on the type of vehicle and its use.
Heavy vehicle inspections are required for:
• Establishing registration for vehicles not currently registered in NSW
• Renewing registration
• Adjusting vehicle records
• Clearing Defect Notice.
• Heavy vehicle inspections are carried out at a Heavy Vehicle Authorised Inspection Scheme (HVAIS) station, or by Roads and Maritime Services, depending on the type of vehicle and its use.
Your certificate of registration will state whether the vehicle requires a HVAIS or Heavy Vehicle Inspection Scheme (HVIS) inspection. If the vehicle does not need to be inspected by Roads and Maritime, the notice will include the line ‘HVIS Exempt – HVAIS Insp. Required’ in the ‘Conditions’ section.

Preparing your vehicle for a Brown Slip Inspection

As a heavy vehicle operator, you should make sure that your heavy vehicle is well maintained and roadworthy at all times.
The following points are a guide to preparing for a Brown Slip inspection:
• The person driving the vehicle to the inspection must have the correct licence to drive that particular type of vehicle
• All brakes must operate correctly and be free of leaks. Ensure air reservoirs are drained and the drain valves can be readily operated
• Tyres should have at least 1.5mm of tread and must be free of deep cuts
• Steering and suspension components must be in good condition. Check for worn bushes, bearings and joints
• All required lights must operate
• The portion of the windscreen directly in front of the driver should be free from cracks and scratches that impair vision
• Windscreen wipers and washers must operate
• The body and cab must be securely mounted, and the structure of the vehicle must be in good condition
• The exhaust must be secure and free from leaks
• The vehicle should be unladen at the time of inspection
• The vehicle must be clean, especially underneath, so that the examiner can thoroughly inspect it
• With tilt-cab vehicles, make sure that the cab can be tilted for inspection of the engine bay (any loose items should be secured)
• Accredited public passenger vehicles must have a certified fire extinguisher installed in the vehicle.

Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Lang.

More
4 years 9 months ago #201283 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic QUESTION TIME

Lang wrote: Vic

I can understand how you can renew rego etc on line but not how you can do an inspection on line. Maybe once you get inspected and your Brown Slip in hand you can use the slip serial number on your rego application on line?

Lang, i think Vic may have being "Tounge in Cheek" with his comment about printing any colour you want. The whole Process is Paperless.

Whoever issues the Blue/Pink/Brown Slip is logged in to the RMS portal, & the Slip is attached to the vehicles Rego..

To Pay a Rego; You login to the RMS website enter the billing number on the renewal, & It will show if they have the Pink/blue/Brown slip (If Needed) & the Green slip details.

Give your fantastic Plastic Numbers Or pay by Bpay & your Done they don't even bother with rego Labels any more..

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #201289 by Lang
My problem will be taking an unregistered vehicle (with or without a brown slip) from NSW to Qld. I seem to recall I had all sorts of problems getting a permit for a car previously as a non-NSW resident (It has no registration nor I a NSW licence or Main Roads personal record number). There was some insane stupidity about having to have an inspection to get the permit but I could not drive on the road to get the inspection without a permit.

Reading the regulations it would appear to OK to go to an inspection station with nothing.

The Victorian permit system of everything genuinely on line is fantastic.

Lang
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Lang.

More
4 years 9 months ago #201290 by IHScout
Replied by IHScout on topic QUESTION TIME
Hayseed I think you might be optimistic about how online the RMS is. Blue and Pink slips can definitely be taken care of online, but registering a vehicle from interstate involved a lot of paper and manny, many trips to the friendly people at Service NSW.

Dennis

Time to create page: 0.569 seconds