Skip to main content

a blast from the past

More
6 years 8 months ago #186084 by bparo
a blast from the past was created by bparo
Cleaning up in the study/train room the other day and I found this from the 2001 display day. I don't think there has been one since.

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #186117 by olddon
Replied by olddon on topic a blast from the past
Where was it at ????

More
6 years 7 months ago #186142 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic a blast from the past
Chesterfield farm - roughly opposite Melbourne Steam Traction Engine club in Ferntree Gully Road just west of Eastlink.

The show was held there 2 years (2000 and 2001) and most people's recollections of it were wet and boggy.

Prior to this the show had been held at IH Dandenong, then moved to VFL/AFL park in Glen Waverley but had to move when that was sold off for housing.

2002 it was held at the then disused Clayton Drive-in, then the following year that was a building site so the show moved to Sandown Racecourse.

Sandown progressively put more restrictions on and put the price up while providing less (including double-booking part of the area one year with no reduction in price) so the show moved to Yarra Glen

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
6 years 7 months ago #186143 by olddon
Replied by olddon on topic a blast from the past
Thanks for that info.
cheers Don

Time to create page: 0.431 seconds