Skip to main content

Truck'n around Wollongong

More
6 years 6 months ago #186742 by xspanrman
Eddie Clayton from Fairy Meadow Internatioal that had been repowered with a V8 Perkins

Ack Wilton from Pringle Rd Fairy Meadow was an earth and house mover.
Ack's Leyland Hippo. While moving a house across the rail bridge in Point St Bulli it was necessary to lift the house and block it up high enough to clear the brick sides of the bridge and once across lower the house down again. This was done with the aid of Ack,s non slewing crane and a lot of timber blocks.

Ack.s Diamond T

Interstater Tom Firth from Bellambi operated this Deutz carrying coke from the local coke works
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #186743 by xspanrman
Replied by xspanrman on topic Truck'n around Wollongong
H. C. Sleigh Kenworth carrying Golden Fleece products at the corner of Mt Ousley Rd and Princes Hwy Fairy Meadow

H.C Sleigh 8 wheeler Kenworth at the corner of Rothery Rd and Pioneer Rd Bellambi.

Shell Scammell on the Princes Hwy at Kiama
The following user(s) said Thank You: BillyP, melonreo, PaulFH

More
6 years 6 months ago #186744 by xspanrman
This AEC was for sale at Dwyers Wollongong. The local GMH dealers. Possibly an ex tanker as it has a front mounted exhaust under the bumper bar.

Crams from Woonona operated this FWD (same truck, just a new color scheme) Crams built air shafts for mines.

SR Noakes and Sons from the Oaks near Camden MAN. The truck was at Aluminium Fabrications Fairy Meadow who built tipping trailers for many operators. Noakes carted coal out of the Burragorang Valley and was also an agent for MAN trucks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wouldyou, Mairjimmy, melonreo, PaulFH, asw120

More
6 years 6 months ago #186746 by Swanny
Replied by Swanny on topic Truck'n around Wollongong
Think the 8 wheeler KW was the same era as the grey ghosts got a front mounted spiraflex muffler :unsure:
The following user(s) said Thank You: BillyP

More
6 years 6 months ago #186750 by werkhorse
Replied by werkhorse on topic Truck'n around Wollongong
Geez Swanny ... I hadn't noticed the Spiroflow muffler before the normal one ....bet she never had the sweet sound the Ghost did

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

More
6 years 6 months ago #186751 by overnite
Replied by overnite on topic Truck'n around Wollongong
Same era, very early one, even has the high door handles, and blinkers below the mirrors.

More
6 years 6 months ago #186753 by werkhorse
Replied by werkhorse on topic Truck'n around Wollongong
Do I see one under the front of that W model as well ???

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

More
6 years 6 months ago #186754 by Swanny
Replied by Swanny on topic Truck'n around Wollongong
I can remember when was a young bloke starting out as a truck driver asking a question to a driver of those trucks about the muffler system used .The big one i think he said was a spark arrestor :unsure: :unsure:
The following user(s) said Thank You: werkhorse

More
6 years 6 months ago #186863 by xspanrman
Brambles Port Kembla had a few of these ACCO's that as part of a special order from Motors and Machinery Unanderra came supplied with a V8 Perkins engine

Southern Super Haulage,s Diamond Reos. I think the company was owned by Stan Robinson?

Simsmetal's BMC 8 wheeler going up Mt Ousley.
The following user(s) said Thank You: melonreo, PaulFH, Tacho

More
6 years 6 months ago #186864 by xspanrman
Don Bradford's F86 Volvo

Pioneer's White going up Mount Ousley

Ray Walden's ? R International
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mairjimmy, melonreo, PaulFH

Time to create page: 0.628 seconds