Skip to main content

Club rego

More
6 years 6 months ago #188123 by trucksyd
Club rego was created by trucksyd
G'day. I've got my d1310 inter on club rego, & have been a club member for years. I have found since the 60 day per year scheme has been in it has given me plenty of freedom , to take my truck out for a drive. With the previous set up being I had to ring the secretary of the club & get an authority number on limited occasions (runs , maintenance etc.). . There was one thing that worried me with the scheme & that was blokes jumping on board & joining clubs specifically for the rego. .im sure the RTA ,would be aware of this & is probably why they called it a ( trial scheme) in the first place.
I spoke to a couple of random blokes the other day & they were saying that there club accepted anyone (more members the better)..& will hand out rego to anyone, (you don't need to attend meetings or runs) with the particular club they were involved with.
My club has a cap of 100 members, & we now have a waiting list of people wanting to join for the 60 day rego . . Will these freeloaders that are not properly complying with the rego stuff it up for the honest blokes ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #188133 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Club rego
First off I dont have any thing on any club rego so this doesnt really apply to me, but I feel like all things if people dont self regulate the freedoms given to them under the scheme will vanish and the everyone will pay the price

The only club I have ever been involved with I always tried make it that members must attend a certain amount of meetings and events

I feel this helps to sort the free loaders out from the people with a genuine interest in the club and what its about

Just some thoughts

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
6 years 6 months ago #188136 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Club rego
This was offered to the Qld clubs ,with the proviso it must be revenue neutral.So all the idiots set to arguing about free rego,$50 rego,reducing the high $250 Qld fee.,etc. Next ,they set to arguing about $10 fee for the log book.,should be free.Truckies know that these books arent free.Anyhoo, net result,no change.Even so,I personally know one concession plate used commercially for years,also seen a 4070 tipper with concession rego being used regular.The trick up here was to get personalized plates,hid the SIVS rego.I thing the Govt makes considerable money from these regos,nice addition to revenue on vehicles not involved in peak p eriod traffic. The big crackdown here is on "plate swappers",especially motorbikes,where a dozen regos might be needed.

More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #188140 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Club rego
my experience with truck clubs is there has been little to no abuse of the system as you can't use them for hire and reward (or to earn money) and most of them are not practical as daily car replacements.

Then there are the people who complain to authorities based on a photo they find on the internet without asking what is going on. Also those who presume that all campervan and motorhomes are abusing the system. The don't realise that there is a historic campervan and motorhome club that I first saw at a vintage truck show in the 1990's well before the current scheme was even dreamed of. should these people lose the right to CPS?

It may be more of a problem in car clubs. I have been told by a ex-work colleague that he has his vehicles registered via a club in Melbourne that charges $20 and has no meetings. I haven't asked the club name as it's none of my business - it's up to VicRoads to authorise clubs to sign so let them sort it out

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by bparo.

More
6 years 6 months ago #188145 by JOHN.K.
Under the Qld rules,the plates arent much value unless you attend rallies,etc.The govt doesnt seem much concerned about use,but they have taken great pains to make sure clubs police the plate swapping situation.i think the SIVS rego s are a good earner for the states.Used to be common in bike clubs,one rego for all your bikes,cause you might have ten.Now its very strictly enforced,with the requirment of reporting abuse to the police.Its a bit like the "evils of communism" we were warned about.These evil communist governments encourage one person to inform on another.Well,its now the"evil of Australian Beaurocracy"

More
6 years 6 months ago #188154 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic Club rego
A snap blitz on log books would sort out the frauds. I was one eagerly anticipating the log book system in Qld. I have two oldies on full 6 cylinder rego. (plus family car, etc.)

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
6 years 6 months ago #188163 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Club rego
Back in the 70/80's Qld was going to ban all left hand drive registrations. This would have crippled the Military Jeep Club of Qld - one of Australia's larger vehicle clubs.

The hard work put in by a club member and former Government minister, Val Bird, resulted in special legislation for for Left Hand Drive jeeps which Val squeezed to all WW2 Miltary Vehicles, for MJCQ members only.

As a result the only vehicles allowed left hand drive were club members - and the club guarded this carefully. As mentioned above, we had many members whose sole purpose was registration with no attendance or interest in club matters.

We had no problems apart from Main Roads pulling up vehicles during the week for daily use etc. The offenders were split between keen club attendees and membership-of-convenience people. The bottom line was, it gave the club income and the naughty boys were warned and in a couple of cases Main Roads were informed they had been removed from membership and their registration was immediately cancelled. It did not take long after this before illegal use reports dwindled to almost nothing.

A few years later other pressure groups, particularly the Hot Rod people, managed to get the public servants to see reason and had the left hand drive permission extended to all old and special interest vehicles. You still need to be a club member but any club will do and it seems to be working pretty well.

I agree the open log book system is the way to go as the restricted use rules are so easily circumvented or open to interpretation and subject to how well you can talk to the cop pulling you over. The log book allows unrestricted reasonable use with a black and white drop dead date. Quick check by police, easy for clubs to control and no worry about an "iffy" trip.

Lang

More
6 years 6 months ago #188167 by JOHN.K.
As far as I know,the log book system has been taken off the table for the forseeable future in Qld,due to the inability of idiots to see reason,or follow guidelines.......ie .the scheme must be revenue neutral.....they are still bleating about free rego,$50 rego,etc.

More
6 years 6 months ago #188168 by JOHN.K.
i have driven lots of left hand drive trucks,and I know in certain situations the driver is completely unsighted,.and this is dangerous if driving alone..It certainly would be today when the roads are filled with idiots who wont slow or give any leeway to a truck pulling out.However ,a couple of cheap CCTV cameras solves these problems now. Also ,as I remember the major battle in Qld was getting the concession extended beyond veteran and vintage, 1930.The Main Roads was dead set against it,claiming that everyone would ditch full regos and start driving 34 Ford coupes.Russ Hinze changed the rules in ten minutes,to allow over 30 years as the concession.he was a character ,Russ.

More
6 years 6 months ago #188173 by Fill
Replied by Fill on topic Club rego
How far could you go for no reward? An old truck with sign writing advertising their trucking company. A house owner picking up some building materials for a renovation.
( then selling there house ) A truck parked out the front of your shop. I know I am thinking to hard, but just thinking.
On another note, our club has over six hundred members nationally not all on club reg, a lot would find it hard to get to meetings. but there is a lot of them that go on truck runs and truck shows. Club reg is a good thing, when they go to shows they bring money into the community.They usually invite Rotary, Apex or other community groups to provide food.
Also there is money donated .
ALL GOOD WIN WIN
Cheers Fill

Time to create page: 0.504 seconds