Skip to main content

Industry safety

More
6 years 3 months ago #190580 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Industry safety
sounds like a lot of people making money out of the event at the expense of the club/charity hosting it.

One day it will all get too hard and people will go back to running engines and tractors in friend's backyards and the public, particularly the younger generations will miss out

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #190581 by Tacho
Replied by Tacho on topic Industry safety
Unfortunately that is happening now with our local bi-annual harvest day gone and this year a "hay day" using pre 1960 machinery for friends only. The fun police have made it too hard to run a public event.

More
6 years 3 months ago #190582 by 235mack
Replied by 235mack on topic Industry safety
Wonderfull place W.A, You can run a 10,000 ton driverless train over hundreds of Kilometers and a 250 ton Driverless Dump Truck but god forbid you drive an old tractor around a show ring at walking pace. :angry:

More
6 years 3 months ago #190584 by wouldyou
Replied by wouldyou on topic Industry safety
Dowerin event is similar to Lucindale SA or Orange NSW for new machinery and current interests, our Tracmach club displayed what we once used.

More
6 years 3 months ago #190586 by JMR
Replied by JMR on topic Industry safety
I remember at primary school we used to have a working bee in the school holidays too get some of the big jobs done and all the parents would chip in (probably banned now due to OH and S), we used to love it as kids, painting the school, gardening etc and the best bit was when my old mum used to give all us kids rides around the school grounds in the back of the ute!

imagine doing that now.....

Jacko.

More
6 years 3 months ago #190590 by 180wannabe
Replied by 180wannabe on topic Industry safety
When i was at primary school in the mid 1980's, Dad would come in every so often to mow (slash) the school oval. Often it was mid morning, so Dad would have a cup of coffee with the principal at recess time while i cut the oval with our 354 Chamberlain Countryman and 13' Loxton slasher.

As Jacko says, "imagine doing that now........."

And as part of art class, we were allowed to build a wood fired pottery kiln out of left over paving bricks, which soon after just happened to transform into a barbeque during our lunch times........... We built the kiln/bbq next to the incinerator, something else we happily stoked as school kids!

More
6 years 3 months ago #190595 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic Industry safety
Insurance lobby, so they can have the gov't legislate away any chance of ever having to pay out on anything.

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
6 years 3 months ago #190597 by jeffo
Replied by jeffo on topic Industry safety
Yep my primary school days were the same, big working b's to tidy up the school and grounds.
We'd all bring our mowers, must have been 50+ toe cutter Victas doing the ovals.
No one was killed, only supervision was from volunteer teachers who said where to mow.
Massive row of us on the the big ovals all running with the Victas flat to the boards, whole place was done by smoko.

More
6 years 2 months ago #191550 by Roderick Smith
Replied by Roderick Smith on topic Industry safety
I can't find the electric-shock items, but this is related (and applies to cars, not just trucks).

180203Sa Melbourne Herald Sun - driver-fatigue alert.

Roderick

Attachments:

More
6 years 2 months ago #191557 by Zuffen
Replied by Zuffen on topic Industry safety
ASW120,

Back in the '70's when the Federal Government was looking into allowing contingency fees for Solicitors (no win no pay) the Insurance Industry advised the Government this would drive up insurance costs and it would have serious long term effects for society.

As usual the Government didn't listen so please don't blame us insurers rather blame the Government for allowing the practice in the first place.

Every time I see Hi-viz I think back to what we told the Government.

Time to create page: 0.513 seconds