Skip to main content

S.A. Rego rules

More
5 years 11 months ago #193684 by swiftden
Replied by swiftden on topic S.A. Rego rules
Check out these two links.
Vehicle needs an identity inspection only if from interstate.
But is exempt from a full roadworthy inspection.

These links are current 25/5/18 in SA.

dpti.sa.gov.au/heavy_vehicle_inspection_scheme
dpti.sa.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/00...Scheme_Stage_Two.pdf

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 10 months ago #193898 by Kwakatriple
Replied by Kwakatriple on topic S.A. Rego rules
Great stuff. Thanks for the info and links on this and the SA Historic Rego thread. I have now been following links and reading stuff for the last two hours and feeling better about the future of my two SB Bedfords.

1964 Bedford bus/motorhome
1972 Bedford bus/motorhome
...and sundry other 2, 3 and 4 wheel vehicles...

More
5 years 1 month ago #199528 by Claire
Replied by Claire on topic S.A. Rego rules
Hi Swiftden,

I’ve read and tried to digest your attachments, but are you able to clarify by experience that an interstate vehicle does not require a full ‘new owner’ inspection?

I’ve bought a 1984 ADF Unimog from grays and will be driving it back to Adelaide next week, so I called regency customer services yesterday to ask the same questions. After some deliberation with the office manager the young girl told me that I will require both a compliance and new owner inspection before I can get it registered and transferred to Historic club rego!

They also tell me that even though they are inspecting vehicles under the national scheme, they do not accept NSW brown slips, so will do a full inspection either way.

Can anyone else help clarify the current situation and can anyone advice who can assist me in Adelaide to get it on club rego whatever the regency outcome may be?

Thanks

More
5 years 1 month ago #199530 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic S.A. Rego rules
Sounds like a nightmare. Typical, government stuffing around, one mob know nothing and the other mob know less.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #199535 by Gryphon
Replied by Gryphon on topic S.A. Rego rules
Hi,

I have my Bus/motorhome up for sale on Gumtree, an experience worth its own thread, but it was looking like it was going to go to South Australia so i read through the regs for both Vic and SA and the gist of it is if your name is on the paperwork in NSW, i.e. you are moving with the vehicle, then the requirements are less than if it is changing ownership as it crosses the border which requires a full inspection.

Terry
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by Gryphon.

More
5 years 1 month ago #199537 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic S.A. Rego rules

Gryphon wrote: Hi,

I have my Bus/motorhome up for sale on Gumtree, an experience worth its own thread, but it was looking like it was going to go to South Australia so i read through the regs for both Vic and SA and the gist of it is if your name is on the paperwork in NSW, i.e. you are moving with the vehicle, then the requirements are less than if it is changing ownership as it crosses the border which requires a full inspection.

Terry

I have worked in recent times (last 12 months or so) with blokes from S.A. and this is pretty much as they describe it to me
To get things registered in S.A. that haven't previously been registered there is the only time there is a RWC required from a inspector of some type

In Vic if you had it registered in another state and it was in your name and you are going to still be the owner in Vic it is just some paperwork and pay some money, no RWC required

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #199549 by cliffo
Replied by cliffo on topic S.A. Rego rules
If it is to go on historic rego in SA then a roadworthy check does NOT have to be done, only an identification check of engine number and chassis number, done at a different place to the roadworthy checks at Regency Park. They do have the power to send the vehicle for a roadworthy if there are obvious issues but they do not go looking for faults. I have now done 3 trucks and if the previous owner is unknown then it is treated as a new registration and they just look at engine and chassis number I presume to see if it is on their records as stolen etc. Also if your address is more than a certain distance from Regency Park then the local police can do the identity check.
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by cliffo.

More
5 years 1 month ago #199550 by Claire
Replied by Claire on topic S.A. Rego rules
Thanks cliffo,
But if do just the compliance check, how do I then get it registered with the club? Does someone from the club then have to inspect it? From what I’ve read, I need to be a member before rego office will put it on historic.

More
5 years 1 month ago #199556 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic S.A. Rego rules
From the diffent clubs I know up here they all have different views and rules as to how and when historic or club rego can be obtained. Some insist that you have been a member for a certain amount of time to stop the "users" in society getting club rego and never see them again. Some send the vehicles to inspection stations to be passed by them and some clubs have inspectors within the club that inspect the vehcles.
You will need to contact your club to find out what they want you to do.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
5 years 1 month ago #199558 by cliffo
Replied by cliffo on topic S.A. Rego rules
Cobbadog has got it right..........in the club I belong to I first have to have the vehicle inspected by a club register to check engine and chassis numbers and they take a photo of the truck. They give you a form which you take to motor registry who then send you to have identity checked and then truck is registered and again see club register to get log book.

Time to create page: 0.514 seconds