Skip to main content

Tatra trucks in Oz?

More
5 years 5 months ago #196598 by xspanrman
Replied by xspanrman on topic Tatra trucks in Oz?
Photo credit Scott O'Connor FB. Can anyone identify this make of truck.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #196601 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Tatra trucks in Oz?
Hino?

More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #196603 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Tatra trucks in Oz?
Yes, looks Hino to me. The update on this one. Winged nose badge looks right.

Started in 1942 from scratch using ISUZU management and investment HINO is one of the most successful manufacturers. It has plants and joint production agreements with companies and corporations all over the world. Hino is owned 51% by and is the Toyota heavy vehicle brand although it continues its joint ventures with the many other companies.
Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Lang.

More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #196604 by Lang
Then again is it a later ISUZU than this 62 model?

Isuzu built the first Japanese car - a Wolsely under licence in 1922. They grew steadily and in 1942 Hino was hived off from ISUZU and they became two separate companies.

In 1992 they were part owned by GM and produced many rebadged vehicles in both directions. In 1993 they did a deal with Honda and also rebadged vehicles both ways.

In 1996 GM increased its stake to 49% and they started DMax. By 2006 GM was not doing well and a couple of months later Mitsubishi became the biggest shareholder with Toyota appearing with 5% of the company.

In 2016 MAZDA, a Ford associate, agreed to co-operative production with ISUZU.

Mitsubishi, Toyota and GM all hold shares just less than 10% of the company each. ISUZU is fiercely independent and has resisted control by any other party but has widely co-operated with many companies on various projects. Their outstanding lightweight diesels have been in high demand by many other manufacturers for 50 years and can be found in many opposition vehicles.
The largest shareholder Mitsubishi now is part of the Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi empire so who owns ISUZU is anyone's guess.
Attachments:

More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #196605 by Lang
Well - after all that stuffing around it is a FUSO.

FUSO started in 1932 as a Mitsubishi company. Mitsubishi had several technical name changes but the truck ownership stayed the same until 1992 when they joined with Chrysler. This fell over and Volvo bought a small share from Mitsubishi. This also fell over and Daimler bought a 90% share from Mitsubishi which they hold to this day.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: xspanrman

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
5 years 5 months ago #196610 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Tatra trucks in Oz?

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lang

More
5 years 5 months ago #196620 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Tatra trucks in Oz?
A bit OT,but Daimlers largest shareholder is now Geely Auto s ,China,and as part of the deal gets access to Daimlers EV battery technology......Imports of EV batteries are only allowed for "research",and all Chinese EVs must use Chinese made batteries.

More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #196621 by Lang
John

It appears that the Chinese do not have any controlling shareholding in Daimler. They may have joint ventures in the electric field as you say but have little say in Daimler itself. Tenacious 3 Prospect is the investment vehicle for a Chinese billionaire and holds 9.7%. The investment has been made personally by Li Shufu of 9 billion dollars. Li just happens to be chairman of Geely (who own Volvo cars - not trucks- outright) and I suspect his money and Geelys might be hard to separate.

Here is the latest shareholding of Daimler. The expression "Institutional Investors" who hold the biggest proportion is you and me through our superannuation funds. I suppose you could say that many of us are Daimler share-holders. Most people raging about big company profits are too dumb to realise they would have no superannuation without those profits.

www.daimler.com/investors/share/shareholder-structure/

Lang

More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #196622 by overnite
Replied by overnite on topic Tatra trucks in Oz?
I think its full name is a Fuso Hurricane, I put this photo up on the forum of one when new at Westmead NSW early 1960.
Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by overnite.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lang, xspanrman

Time to create page: 0.624 seconds