Skip to main content

Good Samaritan truckie

More
5 years 2 months ago #198614 by Roderick Smith
I've seen much the same on the lonely road from Cunnamulla (Qld) to Bourke (NSW). A motorbike had had a stone hole the fuel tank. A truckie loaded the whole bike to take it to Bourke.
Roderick.
Emma Collishaw thanked truckie Jason Freyling for helping her out when she was stranded in the middle of the Australian outback.
Stranded woman thanks truckie: 'No words for his generosity' January 23, 2019.
STUCK alone in the middle of the outback with a blown tyre, hours away from any service station, other people and no phone signal was basically this woman's idea of a horror story.
The woman, Emma Collishaw, who knew how to change a tyre, spent a while trying to change it herself and struggled with the tight wheel nuts before deciding the best course of action was to flag people down if someone drove past.
Lucky for her, a truckie named Jason Freyling came along in his road train.
Emma, who lives in Clare in North Queensland, took to social media to express her gratitude for Jason's help.
"Not only did he help change my tyre whilst supplying me with cold drinks, he then offered, once we got to a town, to pay for new tyres for my car, made sure I had something for dinner and he paid for me to have a room for the night at a motel," she wrote on Facebook last night.
"He would not take anything in return to say thank you (not even a carton of beer) and then he just got in his truck and continued on his way.
In the post, which has been shared more than 600 times, she said there were "no words for his generosity".
"There are still good people in this world," she said.
"(This is) definitely one of them stories I'm going to be telling when I'm old and grey."
An update to the post said that he also covered her fuel for the next leg of her journey.
"This was not expected one bit but he wanted to ensure I get to where I am going safe and sound with no dramas. There are no words for how grateful and lucky I am. Thank you!"
< www.couriermail.com.au/news/regional/str...51c8a20d2c7220ba252a >

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #198627 by Blackduck59
Replied by Blackduck59 on topic Good Samaritan truckie
Some good people out there.
Her session with the tight nuts is to be expected, tyre shops claim to have torque limit impact wrench's but I have had to go heavy duty to remove wheels after they have had a go. ( that includes dealerships )
Anyone heading out should go over all the wheel nuts before leaving and make sure they can be removed roadside
Cheers Steve

More
5 years 2 months ago #198629 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic Good Samaritan truckie
I have noted some lately actually using a proper torque wrench on them. I do remember when they all used to rattle them until you'd think they'd strip.

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
5 years 2 months ago #198630 by Gryphon
Replied by Gryphon on topic Good Samaritan truckie
Hi,

a bit sad to think that someone being help on the side of the road is such a rare event now that it is consider News. :(

Terry

More
5 years 2 months ago #198743 by V8Ian
Replied by V8Ian on topic Good Samaritan truckie
Call me a sceptic if you like, but how can a truck driver afford to blow the best part of a grand, on some random sheila?

More
5 years 2 months ago #198745 by wee-allis
Replied by wee-allis on topic Good Samaritan truckie
Not knocking any thing he is alleged of doing, but if it is all true, I'd like to know what his bride said when she found out he had spent the weeks money on some random woman, including paying for her motel.

More
5 years 2 months ago #198750 by Zuffen
Replied by Zuffen on topic Good Samaritan truckie
He didn't have a sleeper cab!

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
5 years 2 months ago #198753 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Good Samaritan truckie
Mr Truck man may saved the bikey from B n run over

Not sure about the rear of truck bank up n nose n tail

[img

Clikity ...................................... ClikClikClik

Cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roderick Smith

More
5 years 2 months ago #198775 by V8Ian
Replied by V8Ian on topic Good Samaritan truckie
That cost him a couple of minutes, Swishy, not a weeks pay.

Time to create page: 0.487 seconds