Skip to main content

1941 Dodge

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #199824 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic 1941 Dodge
They came out in USA in 1941 but in Australia 1942. The yanks call that "waterfall" grille 41 while we refer to it as 42.

lang
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #199825 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic 1941 Dodge
Lang said

My kids say the only way to stop their nightmares of the disposal sale is to guarantee to live forever.[/quote]

I always say as soon as we die, the relatives will fall over each other in a race to get to the phone to call the scrappie.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

More
5 years 1 week ago #199827 by overnite
Replied by overnite on topic 1941 Dodge

Lang wrote: They came out in USA in 1941 but in Australia 1942. The yanks call that "waterfall" grille 41 while we refer to it as 42.

lang

Ok thanks

More
5 years 1 week ago - 5 years 1 week ago #199834 by Brocky45
Replied by Brocky45 on topic 1941 Dodge

Morris wrote: Lang said

My kids say the only way to stop their nightmares of the disposal sale is to guarantee to live forever.

I always say as soon as we die, the relatives will fall over each other in a race to get to the phone to call the scrappie.[/quote]

My obituary will probably read: Funeral at 11 AM, Auction will start at 2 PM!!
Last edit: 5 years 1 week ago by Brocky45.

More
5 years 1 week ago - 5 years 1 week ago #199836 by Gryphon
Replied by Gryphon on topic 1941 Dodge

Brocky45 wrote:

I upset some people on another Forum by asking the question.'Is it okay to take a trailer to a funeral? Particularly if it is Interstate'

Terry
Last edit: 5 years 1 week ago by Gryphon.

More
5 years 1 week ago #199842 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic 1941 Dodge
brocky s right ,a mate of mine died suddenly,not unexpected tho,and his two sons and daughter who had never spoken to him went crazy clearing his yard,first rang around trying to get silly prices for junk,then got in a couple of big bins and scrapped everything...........then after a week of going crazy,they start going on about he had a bag of cash with 30,000 in it,and it must be hidden somewhere,........so they try a metal detector.....plenty of metal,and wont detect notes anyway,so next they are raking the ground looking for a hole.......then they start accusing people of taking the money.............I reckon they scrapped the 30,000 with a big gearbox,or engine.,which is where he would have hid it.......anyhoo,then they sell the land for a paltry 600K,whine about the price ,and drive home in 3 new landcruisers........funny thing,the new owners filled the yard with junk.

More
5 years 1 week ago #199843 by overnite
Replied by overnite on topic 1941 Dodge

Gryphon wrote:

Brocky45 wrote:

I upset some people on another Forum by asking the question.'Is it okay to take a trailer to a funeral? Particularly if it is Interstate'

Terry

Can’t see any problem with that question.

More
4 years 11 months ago #200273 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic 1941 Dodge
Well, arrived in Texas last week and worked till midnight every night. Drove through the rain to Houston yesterday and got it to the shipping yard 2 hours before the cut-off to go to Amsterdam. I will pick it up and drive it to Normandy in about a month.

Total test driving was 5 kilometres but with the T5 overdrive gearbox the old 216 motor winds her up to 100 kph like a modern car. Wonderful light steering. I think this will be nice vehicle for our two months in Europe.

Lang

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Mrsmackpaul, mikeg, PaulFH, Brocky45

Time to create page: 0.451 seconds