Skip to main content

Np435 DODGE FRONT INPUT SEAL

More
4 years 9 months ago #201647 by anthony
Hi Can anyone help with locating a front bearing retainer seal for a 23 spline Dodge np435 box locally please.Cheers Anthony

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 9 months ago #201648 by cobbadog
When I'm looking for bearings and seals for my Pommy made tractors I take them into the bearing shop all nice and clean so the counter jumper doesn't get a bit of dirt under his finger nail and they look for the number and if none are found then they get out the calipers and measure ID, OD and width, they have always found a substitute.
An example is the front wheel bearing on my D.B. Cropmaster. They used some real odd angled bearings originally and the guys then did the measurements and plonked a set of bearings on the counter exactly the same sizes but a different angle for the bearings which made no difference. So get them to think outside the square and go with the sizes for a replacement.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthony

More
4 years 9 months ago #201651 by Dave_64
Anthony. Those seals are available at just about any good bearing/seal shop. Easy to remove, just about punch them out with a wooden dowell and hammer. Unless it’s totally wrecked, take it into said shop and throw it on the counter. Replaced a couple recently myself, had no trouble getting them. Dave

More
4 years 9 months ago #201653 by Dave_64
Meant to add, when you remove the input bearing housing to replace the seal, measure the thickness of the gaskets/shims between the housing and trans case facing. That’s how you set the preload on the input/ mainshaft. Dave

More
4 years 9 months ago #201654 by anthony
Yes it's a tapered bearing and cone, correct the gasket determines the end float . I will remove seal and take it to the bearing joint here in Mulgrave on Monday. Cheers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave_64

Time to create page: 0.413 seconds