Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Lecytric Cars

Lecytric Cars 11 Aug 2019 18:45 #202398

• Bluey60
  • Thank you received: 18
It’s sad the green brigade in their lecytric cars don’t seem to realise or if they do would never admit they go home at night and charge up on dirty smelly coal
Bluey

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Lecytric Cars 12 Aug 2019 11:24 #202416

• PDU
  • Thank you received: 50
"Neither rain, nor snow, nor sleet, nor hail shall keep the postmen from their appointed rounds"
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lang

Last edit: by PDU.

Lecytric Cars 12 Aug 2019 16:04 #202420

• cobbadog
  • Thank you received: 282
But a 'Bat Flattery" will stop him.
Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette

Lecytric Cars 13 Aug 2019 07:48 #202437

• geoffb
  • Thank you received: 33
Ever one praises these electric cars Yet you never hear of the cost to dispose of them and that the car car still require old school manufacturing process Mmmmm

Lecytric Cars 13 Aug 2019 08:04 #202438

• Lang
  • Thank you received: 1018
I think they will eventually come. The BS talked about them now is prodigious as they are nothing more than experimental for average daily use.

Short range and long charging times need to be addressed before there is any possibility of them becoming main stream.

One of the main problems is the fact they pay no excise so are getting the power equivalent of 45c a litre off their fuel. Until they figure out a way to make them pay their fair share of road tax their costings are complete fairyland stuff.

There is a proposal in Parliament to scrap the fuel excise and make people pay by the distance driven using trackers. This is pure user-pay policy and on the face of it very fair. Unfortunately the drive-to-church-on-Sunday mob contribute to the millions of trucks on the road equally with the high milers. Suppose the trucks could be hit once again with the old road tax and everybody would contribute via higher Coles check-out prices??

Lang

Lecytric Cars 14 Aug 2019 09:22 #202449

• mercskeepmeinajob
  • Thank you received: 32
Nothing new in the world

La Jamais Contente (English: The Never Satisfied) was the first road vehicle to go over 100 kilometres per hour (62 mph). It was a Belgian electric vehicle with a light-alloy torpedo-shaped bodywork and batteries. The high position of the driver and the exposed chassis underneath spoiled much of the aerodynamics.[2] The light alloy, called partinium, is an alloy of aluminium, tungsten and magnesium.[3]

The land speed record was established on April 29 or May 1, 1899 at Achères, Yvelines near Paris, France. The vehicle had two direct-drive Postel-Vinay 25 kW motors, running at 200 V and drawing 124 A each,[1][4] for about 68 hp total, and was equipped with Michelin tires. Chassis number was n°25.

Shame the extension lead pulled out of the socket - it would have gone much faster!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lang, asw120

Lecytric Cars 14 Aug 2019 18:08 #202453

• asw120
  • Thank you received: 117
Lang, I have thought about something like that for years. It could have the happy side effect of negating the need for historic rego. I have wondered, though how it could done without sending the truckies broke.

Jarrod.
My wife said I never listen to her..., or something like that....

Lecytric Cars 15 Aug 2019 16:26 #202470

• JOHN.K.
  • Thank you received: 195
Already a system in NZ something like that.....you get a 5000km rego for a certain price,or a greater distance for higher.......all the trucks have hubometers,with seals on them.........However ,they were talking about that in Oz in the 70s ,simply it would cost important/influential/rich people who are currently subsidised by the low milage driver........and the federal government would never give up the fuel tax.......they make too much out of it..............Incidentally,several US states charge a yearly extra fee for electric cars.....around $200.

Lecytric Cars 15 Aug 2019 21:42 #202474

• BillyP
  • I wish i could remember all the things i have forgotten...
  • Thank you received: 258
.Didn't Grand Ma Duck drive a lectric bizzo……………….?????????
………………...Billy...……………...
I came into this world with nothing & still have most of it..........

Last edit: by BillyP.

Lecytric Cars 16 Aug 2019 10:28 #202481

• Morris
  • Thank you received: 85
Yes, she did. In the comics it was always called "Granma's Little Ole Electric." I think somebody once identified the drawings as a Baker brand.
I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

• Page:
Time to create page: 1.671 seconds

Historic Commercial Vehicles Club of Australia Inc.  Post: P.O. Box 2020 Bayswater Vic. 3153    Clubrooms: Unit 8 / 4  Macquarie Place Boronia    Club Phone: 0400 025 525    Club Rooms:  03) 9738 1558