Skip to main content

SA Registration

More
4 years 8 months ago #202475 by cliffo
SA Registration was created by cliffo
Another case today where a friend of mine went to get club rego and the Service SA branch insisted that the truck had to go over the pits for roadworthy even though he argued that this is not the case. He went to another branch and was fixed straight away as he struck someone that knew the facts. So it still seems some branches do not know that club rego does NOT require roadworthy over pits for trucks so dont let them bluff you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #202480 by Eddy
Replied by Eddy on topic SA Registration
This seems to come up a bit ...
Maybe it needs to become some kind of sticky note somewhere?

Be it firearms or V8 engines, the question is not "why should you have them?"
, but "who are you to demand that I justify them?"

More
4 years 8 months ago #202484 by Southbound
Replied by Southbound on topic SA Registration
How about taking in some written proof that the RWC is not required? Is the information available online? Could be printed out and shown to the 'experts' behind the counter.

I'd rather have tools that I don't need, than not have the tools I do need.

More
4 years 8 months ago #202516 by swiftden
Replied by swiftden on topic SA Registration
Yes , Here is the document you need . See page two in the table.

dpti.sa.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/00...stions_Stage_Two.pdf

More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #202518 by Eddy
Replied by Eddy on topic SA Registration

swiftden wrote: Yes , Here is the document you need . See page two in the table.

dpti.sa.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/00...stions_Stage_Two.pdf

Also a reference in item 5 one page 1

Be it firearms or V8 engines, the question is not "why should you have them?"
, but "who are you to demand that I justify them?"
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by Eddy.

More
4 years 8 months ago #202519 by Pierre
Replied by Pierre on topic SA Registration
I've got rejected at two different SA Rego Offices because the original rego number is not on their system anymore.
I don't have any previous rego ownership papers.
Showed then the signed "Approval For Registration of a Vehicle on the Club Registration Scheme Form" by my Classic Car Club & a new "Application for Registration Form"
They tell me it has to go for ID check at Regency Park, even though my Car Club has verified the engine# & chassis # etc.
Should they be rejecting me?
Someone point me to a branch in SA that will help!!
Frustrated
Pierre

Pierre

More
4 years 8 months ago #202520 by 600Dodge
Replied by 600Dodge on topic SA Registration
I've had the same issues Pierre, I couldn't get it resolved.

More
4 years 8 months ago #202521 by 180wannabe
Replied by 180wannabe on topic SA Registration
Pierre, if your vehicle is no longer on the system, or if the last rego number is unknown, you need to have an ID inspection (but not a roadworthy), that's just the way it is, cars too.

A club inspector is basically only authorised to recommend a "known" (on the system) vehicle for club rego, through one specific club that both the inspector and vehicle owner are both financial members of. A vehicle cannot be registered unless it is on the system, and it needs to be put on the system by someone authorised to do so.

While the ID inspection does cover the same details, because the vehicle is an "unknown" vehicle (no plates/not easily identifiable), they also run the numbers to check that the vehicle isn't stolen, not usually an issue with historic vehicles that have been out of rego for decades but more so when someone turns up for an inspection with a VZ Commodore with no plates and no history.
The ID inspection is performed by someone who is authorised to recommend a vehicle onto the state rego system in the first place, from where you can then apply (through a club) for club rego.

I have had to have ID inspections done for a couple of old trucks. I had the ID inspection done first, then the club inspection, then took both forms into Service SA, the ID form puts the vehicle on the system, the club MR334 then registers it through your particular club, no hassles.

More
4 years 8 months ago #202522 by Pierre
Replied by Pierre on topic SA Registration
Thanks 180wannabe for the clarification.
That makes sense now. :)
cheers
Pierre

Pierre

Time to create page: 0.409 seconds