Skip to main content

Any Info On A Austin 1.29n

More
16 years 2 months ago #940 by The Shadow
I am looking for info on a austin 1.29n.
have a look at truck.haddow.id.au/austin_1.29n
I am in the stage of trying to get the truck out of the yard it is in, and back to my house. But I am trying to get the make age and any other info any one might have...

PLEASE

The more older trucks on the road&&The more memorizes of how things use to be.&&[url

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
16 years 2 months ago #941 by The Shadow
I have traced down the Year of the truck "1968". but still trying to find more Info, and a book if possible

The more older trucks on the road&&The more memorizes of how things use to be.&&[url

16 years 2 months ago #942 by
Replied by on topic Re: Any Info On A Austin 1.29n
Shadow,

Very little information to go on. Does it have an old rego sticker or anything? Are you positive that its model is 1.29n? Sounds like a strange model number. See if you can find any other identifying marks on plates etc. Normally in the engine bay but each manufacturer had them in all different locations.

All I can say is that I have always found it harder to research English vehicles than American especially on the internet.

What I have found out is that most likely you will find that your Austin could be a re-badged BMC. Especially if your year is correct. As Austin was merged into BMC in around 1951.

Sorry not much useful help but will keep my eyes out. Never know what I might see on my travels :)

More
16 years 2 months ago #943 by The Shadow
Hello JB

Yes it is a Austin 1.29n, I have found a Bosh Fan Belt Number & I also found a old Repco Part Number for a clutch.

The Truck was made in Sydney, Australia. in 1968

I also found a farmer in Echuca who owns one

I have checked with NSW RTA and they clame if I want to pay them a lot of money they might find some thing on it, but they think it will more then likely be nill :(

16 years 2 months ago #944 by
Replied by on topic Re: Any Info On A Austin 1.29n
Check your personal messages section and i hope this helps .Dave

More
16 years 2 months ago #945 by Andy Wright
I reckon she's a WF (or equivalent). The year and dual headlights fit.

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

More
16 years 1 month ago - 16 years 1 month ago #946 by The Shadow
Some one is selling a 3ton Version on Ebay cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220203011987
finishes (27-Feb-08 20:05:51 AEDST)

Last edit: 16 years 1 month ago by The Shadow.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
16 years 1 month ago #947 by Swishy
Jezze
only a mother could luv th@ pommy beast
LOL [smiley=beer.gif]

cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
16 years 1 month ago #948 by Andy Wright
LOL, an old truck is an old truck! Would hate to get a dent in one of those doors though. :o

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

More
16 years 1 month ago #949 by IHScout
It was an old Austin like Swishy's that encouraged me to get into old trucks. I was at a clearing sale about 10 yeasrs ago there was this austin in about the same condition, always shedded and it went for $100 :-?. I thought wow, I could have bought that. So I started going to clearing sales looking for a similar bargain (after getting the nod from the missus ;D), but I never did see anything as good or as cheap again :'(

Dennis

Time to create page: 0.541 seconds