Skip to main content

C1600 front brakes

More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #203954 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic C1600 front brakes
Aaron, I am a facebooker but it wont open for me. Loading it here direct is no biggie, pun intended. just go to attachments below your post it tells you your pics must be less than 2.9 mb if you click on your photo in windows along the bottom it tells you the size, or hover the pointer of it as you select, mine is 544 kb then when you have selected one or five pics, click either insert all or insert and there they will be.
A lot of the gurus on here struggle with the technology, particularly face-ache.

and the photo, for no particular reason other than as a demonstration.... abandoned/stashed Hill End... make .... up for guesses.

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.
Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by Sarge.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #203956 by AaronS
Replied by AaronS on topic C1600 front brakes
Thanks Sarge

I got an answer on FB post. They are steering stoppers. Stop the tyres rubbing. So it isn’t the threaded bit in the brakes that is important, it is the bolt head. At least I know now.

Here is the pic for reference. It is the threaded bit sticking out.
Attachments:

More
4 years 4 months ago #203960 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic C1600 front brakes
I just tried to view your pic and you have to sign into FaceAche. As I dont have one I canna see.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
4 years 4 months ago #203982 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic C1600 front brakes
Isnt the threaded bit the steering stop? it wont affect the brakes,but must be adjusted to stop the knuckles before the steering box jams at extreme travel,or you will bust the rollers and worm.

Time to create page: 0.422 seconds