Skip to main content

International 610a 4x4

More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #204247 by Rattail 1927
So I’m looking at a international 610a 4x4 to keep the T line company, I have some photos of it and looks good (as they all do in photos)
I know it’s a 345 petrol and is it a 4 or 5 speed, does any one know if it has 16”or 20” wheels and are the brakes hydraulic over air? And any known faults they have ... thanks
Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by Rattail 1927.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #204249 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic International 610a 4x4
They were the equivalent of a D1610,and had the same running gear.....including the T17 four speed,and the Rockwell T 223 transfer case.......Brakes will be air over hydraulic ,and should be dual line with a two section booster....20"wheels ,same as a d1610...The front end was bit problematic too,as was the gearbox.......later ones had a modified gearbox to solve problems of first gear layshaft crumbling ,so the box may have been replaced with a 5 speed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rattail 1927

More
4 years 4 months ago #204253 by Southbound
Replied by Southbound on topic International 610a 4x4
I do know that you need to be very strong to turn the steering wheel when they are in four wheel drive!

I'd rather have tools that I don't need, than not have the tools I do need.

More
4 years 4 months ago #204254 by Rattail 1927
Replied by Rattail 1927 on topic International 610a 4x4
Umm do they not have power steering or does it under steer , it probably won’t ever need to be in 4wd , just the occasional club meeting..

More
4 years 4 months ago #204255 by JOHN.K.
You could get Selectro breand free wheeling hubs for the 1600 front axle.......they were only the Landcruiser size ,and not too strong for rough use,but be OK for use on a toy.

More
4 years 4 months ago #204273 by 180wannabe
Replied by 180wannabe on topic International 610a 4x4
I think the brakes could be vacuum over hydraulic.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rattail 1927

More
4 years 4 months ago #204275 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic International 610a 4x4
The biggest size ACCO's with those little cabs had spider wheels and full air brakes
You could also get these with the 6354 Perkins ( best motor ever made )
As for your dream machine
Rust was a problem and motor parts I believe are getting hard to get

Dad had a 410a 4x4 with big fat tyres
Was a ex Linfox truck when new and Linfox had a delivery contract on some island off QLD

Was a great little truck on the potato farm but had way to much when empty in the paddock so lots of wheel spinning at times

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
4 years 4 months ago #204279 by JOHN.K.
Yeah,the bigger one with the little cab were funny looking things,I heard IH had overordered the cabs and had to use them to save money.....the 510A s had a very bad name ,as they were rated too high for the axles,same as the 1500s.......the crowd up the road had one for their house moving business ,it broke so many times under warranty that IH swapped it for a bigger 4x4 truck,a 610A,which also broke ,just not so often........the T 17 box couldnt handle the V8 either ,and the first gear on the layshaft would have tooth failure from excessive load........there was a modified 4 sp with a helical first gear that cured this.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ausbed76

More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #204282 by Rattail 1927
I haven’t seen it yet, I was going down to see and take it if it seems ok , there a picture of it from the back and it looks like it has abit of a brown stain on the drip rail .... old mate says it’s ok .
I guess it’s better to do a tank of petrol instead of paying for it now if the owners description is a little off.
Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by Rattail 1927.

More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #204528 by Rattail 1927
Well you guys were right, every thing was was fine with the 610A acco and we set off from a farm just out of Ouyen vic and I’m thinking I’ll poke along about 75-90 km per hour, a short 300km trip home, every thing was good until you stop , eventually we could see the of our home , all of a sudden the engine was stressed and felt like the brakes were on, a bit of a grinding noise, I was going to pull over but if I stopped I wouldn’t have Been able to get going again.... and as fast as it happened all it came good and it took off , the last 10 km at 50-kph, , I made it....I done the rear diff , does anyone know where I’d get parts, or I’m happy to put a crown and pinion and bearing kit in it , any information about it would be great, Jim
Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by Rattail 1927. Reason: Add information

Time to create page: 0.583 seconds