Skip to main content

International 610a 4x4

More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #204572 by Rattail 1927
Replied by Rattail 1927 on topic International 610a 4x4
I wished it was the motor missing , a walk around in daylight confirmed it was the back one it , the oil seal popped , I cannot work out how it kept going, because when it slowed down it was like 10 handbrakes! For about a couple of hundred meters and it stopped like nothing happened although The driveline was jerking when I came into town.
I’m to scared to scared to pull out the axles and centre.... I spent my money yesterday...
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by Rattail 1927. Reason: Information

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #204593 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic International 610a 4x4
With any luck it's just the pinion bearings.
Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rattail 1927

More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #204594 by Rattail 1927
Yeah jarrod , I’m probably jumping the gun looking for one , I’m thinking the worst and anything better is a bonus...the sales rep calls around every second week when I need bits for the t line , I’ll give him a call and leave him to it .
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by Rattail 1927. Reason: International

More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #204596 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic International 610a 4x4
Widen your search to a D1610 4x4 ....lots more of them about........and at least drain the oil,and see whats in it........IMHO ,it doesnt really matter whats wrong with your diff......the cost to rebuild one would be astronomical when I would think $350-400 for a good centre would be the odds.....(.be sure it is the diff before spending any money.I guarantee no wrecker will give a refund ,cause they will the so happy to get money for what would be scrap if you didnt buy it).......I would still fit a IH#3 eaton back end.
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by JOHN.K..

More
4 years 3 months ago #204597 by Rattail 1927
Thanks john you said that yesterday and I didn’t cotton on to what you were trying to explain, I’ll change the search to D1610 4wd I best get out there and find the plate so there’s no confusion...,

More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #204601 by JOHN.K.
According to the D line parts ,there are two different Rockwell axles ,RA65,and RA85.....so be sure you get the correct centre for your truck........one clue I noted is the RA 65 has the 6.167 ratio,the RA85 hsa a 6.2 ratio......the difference is the RA 85 has a 5 tooth pinion,and stronger gears....but there seems to be more changed than that,as the gaskets have different part numbers ,so the carriers are not interchangeable.
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by JOHN.K..

More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #204602 by Rattail 1927
Yeah I don’t know yet I’ll pull it out tomorrow and I tell you what I did notice, on top of the diff centre it self is a large. IH. so did oh get some Made for them ?? Maybe Rockwell ,or did international make some , the other thing is the diff doesn’t look big enough for the truck, it’s gvm is only 10.700 kg I’m not sure but it wasn’t a terrible lot more for the gcm , I like the truck as it is simplicity no computer, no a/c .... hmm the only thing I don’t like about it is ( apart from the obvious diff ) is the fuel economy, 3.45 km/per litres. I’d heard about it but thought he was bs but obviously not the ratio of mine are 6-16 . Anything else is shatter the weak one every time , been there done that..
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by Rattail 1927.

More
4 years 3 months ago #204620 by JOHN.K.
You ought to try running a bogie drive tipper with a 345.....fill the 50 gallon tank at least once a day.

More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #204622 by Rattail 1927
Yeah no thanks John , although I didn’t have a tray I would of traded it in less than a month .... we’re diesels dearer to buy ? Surely the venerable Perkins was alive , I drove it home from Ouyen which is 280k -300 k and I I’m thinking of transplant already
.the guy who brought my car back said to me put plenty in it I said I put 100 litres in it ..I put 20ltr extra, thank you to my friend .
I guess there’s a reason why maybe petrol was cheaper than diesel or people stuck to what there knew , maybe the initial outlay was above what they could afford , every mile they done didn’t go in there pockets but out the EXHAUST.
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by Rattail 1927.

More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #204630 by Rattail 1927
Well that was easy , for on to a guy that had a 1610 acco., he was selling the truck for $500 I ll give him $250 hub to hub and maybe the engine later . The truck has been sitting for about 10 years
Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by Rattail 1927. Reason: Photo

Time to create page: 0.564 seconds