Updated 28th July.

If you are unable to login, you probably need to read this change to your username & profile.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Vacuum Pump Wanted 06 Dec 2019 11:14 #204730

• cliffo
  • cliffo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 43
Thanks Have been looking at them, but I dont think they will be big enough capacity and the last thing I want is to run out of vacuum going down a hill as there is virtually no brakes without vacuum assist

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Vacuum Pump Wanted 06 Dec 2019 14:29 #204737

• Mrsmackpaul
  • Thank you received: 747

Rattail 1927 wrote: What about the alternator which the pump on the back of it. ,I’m looking at a 80A alternator on eBay ,$105 I want one because the brakes are sucking all of my oxygen from the engine...started to run rich

Thats what Im talking about
Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

Vacuum Pump Wanted 06 Dec 2019 21:55 #204745

• cobbadog
  • Thank you received: 578
Sorry for the late reply about my vacuum system.
Lorry has his vacuum pump bolted on the back of his 24v alternator. I was curious about where to get one if needed as Lorry has a few kilometers on him and first start after sitting a while takes a while for the warning light to go out. My first step to suring this problem is to start replacing the vacuum hoses as they are getting hard so amy not be sealing as they should.
As for the size of the pump on the back of alternators don't let size fool you. Lorry has 2 rather large vacuum tanks for the dual circuit brake boosters and I haven't run out of vacuum as yet once he has built up enough to shut down the low vacuum light. One that style with a decent tank should do the job for you.

Sorry for hi-jacking your thread.
Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe.
COP-U-LATOR

Vacuum Pump Wanted 07 Dec 2019 02:06 #204748

• Blackduck59
  • Thank you received: 288
Cobba,
Have 3 x 24 V alternators I scrounged with vac pumps. Can dig them out and see just what they are.
I am a bit far away but never know when I or others will end up your way..
no use to me.
Cheers Steve
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

Last edit: by Blackduck59.

Vacuum Pump Wanted 07 Dec 2019 07:40 #204749

• roKWiz
  • Thank you received: 178
SMS diesel Lidcombe, Sydney had some used and new. Lots of Jap 4-5 tonners use them.

Those pumps will supply quite a volume.
Heritage Stonemason
In order that the labour of centuries past may not be in vain during the centuries to come... D. Did
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

Last edit: by roKWiz.

Vacuum Pump Wanted 07 Dec 2019 16:27 #204763

• cobbadog
  • Thank you received: 578
Hi guys and thanks for the replies but I don't need one at the moment as I think I have a couple of vacuum leaks and no issue with the pump, butI was curious about where to buy one if needed.
I have in the past bought new parts from Bretts Truck Parts near Gosford NSW so they may have them if needed.
Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe.
COP-U-LATOR

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.289 seconds

Historic Commercial Vehicles Club of Australia Inc.  Post: P.O. Box 2020 Bayswater Vic. 3153    Clubrooms: Unit 8 / 4  Macquarie Place Boronia    Club Phone: 0400 025 525    Club Rooms:  03) 9738 1558