Updated 28th July.

If you are unable to login, you probably need to read this change to your username & profile.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Vacuum brakes, can’t get all to bleed, can’t get fluid 07 Dec 2019 08:08 #204751

• Rattail 1927
  • Rattail 1927's Avatar Topic Author
  • I’m sick and tired of being sick and tired!
  • Thank you received: 64
So I got my latest project home and decided to bleed the brakes, since I had little to none .
Yesterday I decided to bleed them, I bled cars heaps of times hard could it be ....?
So the first one on the bottom left took 5 minutes, top one could get any fluid out, I’ll leave that right back straight away , top right nothing, same on front, I tried to do both boosters kinda got one and nada nothing zip zero,
Any help please!!! I’ll
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Rattail 1927.

Vacuum brakes, can’t get all to bleed, can’t get fluid 07 Dec 2019 20:22 #204773

• asw120
  • Thank you received: 201
From memory (510 - would be very similar) they are an absolute bitch to bleed. Have to have a mate pumping like mad, or preferably a power bleeder.

One assumes the hoses are not swelled closed.

Best of luck, Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

Vacuum brakes, can’t get all to bleed, can’t get fluid 08 Dec 2019 11:38 #204787

• Rattail 1927
Well first things first, it has two big vacuum tanks and my mate said you did pull the boosters off and free them because no brake fluid can get two anywhere until there freed up , he said that s why they don’t work, I pulled it off and sure as eggs it was stuck..... haven’t got the other one off yet but that will help....... be interested to see how long and how much grumpy noise I make..... the 3 day saga continues....

Last edit: by Rattail 1927. Reason: Information

Vacuum brakes, can’t get all to bleed, can’t get fluid 08 Dec 2019 12:41 #204790

• JOHN.K.
  • Thank you received: 381
You cant expect a truck to sit with hydraulic brakes and not have problems....Usually ,fluid runs down the tyres within a few weeks as the set pressure in the hydraulics is lost.

Vacuum brakes, can’t get all to bleed, can’t get fluid 08 Dec 2019 19:53 #204802

• Rattail 1927
Yeah I’ve never driven or owned one before, I reckon it will probably be the last..... lol
Give me a 9/16” please

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.451 seconds

Historic Commercial Vehicles Club of Australia Inc.  Post: P.O. Box 2020 Bayswater Vic. 3153    Clubrooms: Unit 8 / 4  Macquarie Place Boronia    Club Phone: 0400 025 525    Club Rooms:  03) 9738 1558