Skip to main content

not renewing my HCVCA membership

More
4 years 2 months ago #205533 by bparo
Just to let people know I have sent a letter and email to the membership secretary of the HCVCA telling them I wouldn't be renewing. I thought it was better than to waste people's time chasing me up for money they weren't going to get.
The reasons are health and financial issues preventing me getting to any events. the 2019 Yarra Glen display was the first I had got to since 2016. With the truck gone and the Rochester Motoring Club taking over responsibility for the XP Ute there was no reason to stay with the club as I like to be active in the organisations I belong to.
I will still be around shows and still hope to get to Yarra Glen in 2020 so won't be disappearing and I am still prepared to help out the club if asked. It's just that without regular work since June 2013 I can't keep up all the memberships I would like to. I can spend that money on actually getting into the XP and going somewhere.
I am not sure what that does to my role as an administrator or moderator of this forum which I have been doing since 2007. I have mentioned it in the letter for the committee to decide.

Bruce

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!
The following user(s) said Thank You: allan, Bobsboy, Mairjimmy, Southbound

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #205548 by Sarge
you have to do your thing your way Bruce, but please hand around these pages and good luck with 2020

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bparo

More
4 years 2 months ago #205558 by Morris
Your Bruceness and Helenness,
I completely understand your situation and your decision. I hope to still see you both at events and on this forum.

All the best for the future.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #205569 by Bobsboy
Hey,

No need to go away.

You still got plenty of smart things and knowledge to contribute.

Kick back, chill, feet up, coast and enjoy. Be a no pay lurker like me and many others.

RE; moderator/ admin, I've seen you up to your eyes in other people shite, you fixed it and came up shining.
You deserve a life time Honorarium for that stuff alone.

Stay with us,

CYA
-b

Mucking about on the edge
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Bobsboy.

Time to create page: 0.427 seconds