Skip to main content

Stuck brake, leaking hose.

More
4 years 2 months ago #206306 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic Stuck brake, leaking hose.
Thanks Southbound, that was the plan.

John: the hose is actually slack, it's just a crap picture - two hoses cross in the pic.
I will look into those bits - if I got stuck I was just going to pull the pin out of the slack adjuster just to get home. Thanks.

Also, do you remember roughly when you did those mods to the rear axles for Jim Pettit?

Thanks, Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #206307 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Stuck brake, leaking hose.
A long time ago...1990 maybe......I recall he was vry keen on redrilling the centrehole in the Hendrickson beam......which I did,and as predicted it was way too much.....so the hole was bushed and redrilled back where it was......then he turned up with some trackrods he d got ,and we fitted a cross link to stop the hendrickson getting out of line.........it was a pet peeve of his.....no one else ever worried about it.

More
4 years 2 months ago #206312 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic Stuck brake, leaking hose.
Thanks John. That Road Commander chassis has been there longer than I thought. There is all sorts of Rube Goldberg stuff on that truck.

Thanks, Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
4 years 2 months ago #206315 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Stuck brake, leaking hose.
The truck originally had Timken double reduction diffs.....probably SRDDs,when we took them off ,they were sitting in my yard for a long while....I cant remember if it was six rod or not....Anyway ,he owned that truck for a long time from the early 70s ....he used to live just up the road from me,but he met a rich woman,and moved to a property she bought him with a big shed,and I didnt see him much then.

Time to create page: 0.399 seconds