Skip to main content

I.D on 4 pot Holley carb

More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #206289 by Rattail 1927
I just got home to fit my shiny new 600 vac secondary Holley, there is a warranty card to fill out and I’ll get 12 months warranty BUT only 90 days otherwise, I’ve found some numbers on the outside of the secondary port but doesn’t look like enough.... anyone else know ??
Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by Rattail 1927.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #206296 by Ozfury
Replied by Ozfury on topic I.D on 4 pot Holley carb
Wow....that is shiny! I've never had a new one always bought 2nd hand worn out ones.

More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #206297 by Rattail 1927
It is isn’t it , fear not won’t stay like it .... lol apart from being shiny I cannot spend hours on a carby and the moment you put it in gear it almost dies and the worn out throttle shaft leans out on you after , I couldn’t be bothered, I’ve spent well over my budget but it’s been wet tested and set up ready to go ( I hope) ......
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by Rattail 1927. Reason: Information

More
4 years 1 month ago #206301 by 180wannabe
Replied by 180wannabe on topic I.D on 4 pot Holley carb
The 345 engine should have a 2 barrel Holley 2300G.

The four barrel Holley 4150G are usually only used on the 392 engine.

Your carby doesn't appear to have a governor fitted, so i am not sure.

Maybe it is from an automotive application, rather than a truck range. Without a governor, be careful not to over rev your engine.

More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #206304 by Rattail 1927
[strike][/strike]Yes you are correct. It doesn’t have a governor, The 2210 two barrel which had a governor was completely knackered , I tried to separate them but couldn’t, the distributor also is electronic from the factory, i have a work shop service manual which shows a different set up i don’t know if my engine has higher compression,but it looks like a 345A , I didn’t even know about it was made let alone have one , i think it is simply because the 2210 is only on the 345A and pointless ignition , the slop in the throttle shaft you couldn’t take off unless you revved it up to take off and then it still almost stalled, the plastic cam was wrong also, I bought the 600 and an adapter , 2 barrel to 4 barrel, and no it isn’t staying like that, I’m buying a edelbrock intake manifold from the USA so that’s why I bought a 4 barrel, you can get a cam , various other things that we could only dream of, check out binder planet if you don’t already have it, Jim
Attachments:

More
4 years 1 month ago #206309 by Zuffen
Replied by Zuffen on topic I.D on 4 pot Holley carb
If you're worried about no governor you can get electronic switches that will sense the RPM and open a circuit at a preset RPM.

You can set it to whatever you want and have it kill the ignition before the revs kill the engine.

Pretty sure you would find them on eBay for very little money.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, Rattail 1927

More
4 years 1 month ago #206319 by Rattail 1927
This pile of trash is the reason for the new one.... lol
Attachments:

More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #206351 by Rattail 1927

Zuffen wrote: If you're worried about no governor you can get electronic switches that will sense the RPM and open a circuit at a preset RPM.

You can set it to whatever you want and have it kill the ignition before the revs kill the engine.

Pretty sure you would find them on eBay for very little money.

There wasn’t much to choose from, all the other ones were more like for stationary engines but thanks for your input unfortunately I spent all my money on the carby but it has a 85 mm tacho in the dash .
Attachments:

More
4 years 1 month ago #206367 by Blackduck59
Money
Swiftly
Disappears

More
4 years 1 month ago #206368 by allan
Replied by allan on topic I.D on 4 pot Holley carb
I think Zuffen was referring to a Rev Limiter as opposed to a full blown Electronic Governor ?

Time to create page: 0.574 seconds