Skip to main content

Drugs and Trucking

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #206413 by Rattail 1927
Replied by Rattail 1927 on topic Drugs and Trucking
I’m not sure in your state but in nsw we have over head purpose built gantries called “safety cam” , “cameras “ placed in different places to stop speeding trucks, if you’re caught going faster than the rta deems they send you a please explain
and either a fine or court depending what they think, as far as drugs go the cops setup 24 hours a day with drug buses for a week at a time quite regularly in different parking bays AND apparently every highway patrol car has drug test kit , if they suspect your high as a kite they swab you , 5 years ago after midnight the truck parking bays were empty, now u can’t fit in one ...... how do I know this ? Up until 2 years ago I drove interstate..... there are still a minority, yes I agree but I myself think the roads are “”cleaner “” than they ever have been
That’s my bit .....
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Rattail 1927. Reason: Information

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #206417 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Drugs and Trucking
Rex

You may be able to tell us if you have heard of some sort of drug ignition interlock. The sort of thing they fit to drink-driver's cars - blow in the tube and if it is clear you can start the car. At the moment it seems there must be a physical analysis so having to lick the stick or pee in a bottle is not practical. They can do drug swab tests at airports on bags, shoes and even people's skin maybe that is a way?

What about issuing each driver with his own drug dog - a great companion during those long hours away from home but will bite you if he sniffs the stuff.

I know there are ways around everything but the locks would be a constant check and I believe would be accepted if it was universal. With RBT arrests now getting up to 50/50 alcohol and drugs in some areas maybe all vehicles should be fitted?

Lang
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Lang.

More
4 years 2 months ago #206418 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic Drugs and Trucking
Alcohol and drugs 50/50?
In Victoria, Police are saying that the ratio of drivers caught over the legal limit is now about two or three drug drivers to every one over the grog limit. :ohmy:

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

More
4 years 2 months ago #206419 by Rattail 1927
I have a mate that was ordered buy the court and have it fitted, every time you start the car you had to blow in a tube , his was alcohol only , I haven’t heard of a drug test for the same thing

More
4 years 2 months ago #206423 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Drugs and Trucking
All the young guys say its fact they can do ice sunday night and be clean monday......whether its true or not ,I dont know......but when the cops seize 20 ton lots of ice every few days,I d reckon 90% of under 30 s are on it.

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #206425 by Rattail 1927
I read somewhere that it’s still detected after 72 hours and the marijuana is as long as a month, some of my friends still do on the weekends. My mate dolphin is very close to 65 and loves it, I asked him aren’t you getting a little old to be smoking that stuff , his reply was “” I’m sorry I didn’t know there was a age limit or I wouldn’t do it “” l burst into laughter
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Rattail 1927.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
4 years 2 months ago #206428 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Drugs and Trucking
Biggest scare I ever had was when a young guy went psycho from ice while he was up in a cherry picker with me .....he just suddenly says to me...you were at my house last night .....youve been seeing my wife....then he starts jumping around ,and I think he was about to go for me......the bucket was flying about like crazy.......Anyway ,when I got down ,all the young guys .....its a big joke ...they knew he was psycho ...thats why he was told to be my helper......Another time ,two guys living together ,having smoko in the hut at BP ,one takes a bite out of the other guys cherry ripe bar......they both go for each other with knives ........Freddie the foreman says he never seen so much blood spread around......anyway ,by a miracle ,BP never found out about it......Col used to put on jailbirds for the govt bonus,and one guy was in the truck with me ,put his feet on the dash....I told him to take them down,he refused ,so I pulled over and stopped .....anyway ,he took them down ......the young guys are all...."He was in for manslaughter ,ya know"......."Coulda killed ya".......yeah ,you wish.

Time to create page: 0.454 seconds