Skip to main content

Who remembers Auto-kolone

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #206548 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Who remembers Auto-kolone
It is now owned by CRC and now comes in 3 different fragrances (smells). I can find lots of stuff referring to the 3 different smells but nowhere do they actually say what they are? Probably some BS like "Norwegian Glacier Forest" and you are still none the wiser.

I think there was vanilla in the original.

Lang

PS Just went on CRC site. The 3 flavours are Original, Mountain Air and Vanilla.

Just for the hell of it I will go to Super Cheap to test them. Wonder if they have samplers like they do for perfume with some little girl with too much make-up on spraying it on your wrist. Seeing it is Auto Kolone they probably have some old tart with a hoarse voice, fag in her mouth and glass of whiskey in one hand waiting for the truckies and taxi drivers to come by.
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Lang.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dno, wee-allis, Zuffen, Rattail 1927

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #206555 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic Who remembers Auto-kolone
I was thinking more along the lines of
Fresh Doggy Doo
Beer Fart
Odour de Diesel

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rattail 1927

More
4 years 2 months ago #206561 by wee-allis
Replied by wee-allis on topic Who remembers Auto-kolone
Lang, I didn't know my ex missus was still working there, You go girl!!!

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #206563 by Rattail 1927

cobbadog wrote: I was thinking more along the lines of
Fresh Doggy Doo
Beer Fart
Odour de Diesel

Oh come on cobba that’s a bit rough.... better than using the glass air fresheners for the vents would work for a week and then you couldn’t smell them any more , although they had a nice vanilla one
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Rattail 1927.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #206575 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Who remembers Auto-kolone
Well, a report from the front.

Went to Super Cheap and there among about 99 other brands was Auto Kolone. I gave it the old on-the-wrist perfume test. Thick and greasy directly but no doubt that is just the carrier and dries while still airborne in normal use.

Initially no smell at all then as it dried, that pungent smell I remember in the old man's used cars and in taxis started to come back. By the time it had fully dried the closest I could get was stale cigarette - maybe everyone thought cigarette smell was a sign of sophistication or something?

The final result is nobody is spraying that stuff anywhere near my vehicles or home.

I tested a number of different brands along the row until I spotted the storeman eyeing me off suspiciously. By that time I was covered in Lily-of-the-Valley, Wheatfield, Forest Glen, Seashell Air, etc so I slunk out smelling like a Pox Doctor's Clerk to be met by the cook who had been next door in Aldi. "My god, wind all the windows down I can't breathe"

The things I do for you blokes!

Lang
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Lang.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, eerfree, 235mack, oliver1950, Rattail 1927

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #206577 by Rattail 1927
Well done Lang , now which other ones did you test ? Was it Lilly in the ice galaxy? Or some other exotic name to entice the unsuspecting customer so they are trapped for ever .........that’s why I buy mine off eBay...
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Rattail 1927.

More
4 years 2 months ago #206578 by Swanny
Replied by Swanny on topic Who remembers Auto-kolone
A mate of mine used to spray it underarm as as deodorant and rinse his false teeth with it as well as drench the cab of the F model Mack he drove got rid of the diesel and sweat smells

More
4 years 2 months ago #206581 by Dave_64
Replied by Dave_64 on topic Who remembers Auto-kolone
Now after reading some of the comments, along with the gargling, spraying everywhere from cabin upholstery to armpits. I don't feel so bad about my first observation. It would be at home in a cat house on the street of bars!

More
4 years 2 months ago #206597 by Rattail 1927

wee-allis wrote: Lang, I didn't know my ex missus was still working there, You go girl!!!

ll BAAHAA, mine too ....

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
4 years 2 months ago #206599 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Who remembers Auto-kolone
Dun wanna pirated u're post

Butt
Wot about armorall

eye just recently reminded meself why eye dun use it
spray in cab on dash n seats etc
U n books slide off seat
get it on u're hand n the steerin wheel is slippery
get it (or its fumes) on windows and it makes any moisture turn to little minute droplets U have truble peer n thru

Q:? So wot everybody use th@ dun have the above problems
WotSezU?
cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

Time to create page: 0.525 seconds