Skip to main content

Early F Model Mack I.D.

More
4 years 1 month ago #206567 by Dave_64
Hi, Men.
Many. many years ago, giving a bloke a hand cleaning his yard out, he had an old battered single drive slimline steel cabbed "F" Model Mack. About all I can recall of it, had a Triplex box and a stuffed Scania Vabis engine.
Only one of that type I had ever seen in the flesh, although had been told that Mayne Nicks had a few of them on local delivery duty.
Caught up with the bloke whose yard it was in many years later and was asking about an Austin Healey he also had, albeit a butchered one. Seems like his late father got sick and tired of all the snot in the backyard, (5 acre block) and he almost started crying. Seems the old bloke got the scrappies in and they took the lot for a couple of hunderd bucks! Included the Mack and the Healey. Young bloke was away up the North NSW coast working, comes home to find the paddocks cleaned up and tomatoes planted. Don't think he spoke to the old man up until he died.
The following user(s) said Thank You: xspanrman

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #206570 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Early F Model Mack I.D.
Frank Fleming and sons in Brisbane were supposed to have the first two F models in Oz.........cant recall exactly,think maybe they were imported by someone in ACT....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave_64

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.415 seconds