Skip to main content

* * * * * * * * * * Virtual Truck Show * * * * * * * * * *

More
3 years 7 months ago #214521 by wee-allis

Morris wrote: wee-allis, I suspect it is another attempt by my anti-virus software to con me into paying for a higher level of "protection" than the free version my computer repair man set up.

Maurice, we have only ever used Avast Free anti virus for the past 20 years without any problems. If I ever get tempted to upgrade, I get stomped on by she who knows all about computers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Morris

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Swishy
  • Topic Author
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
3 years 6 months ago #215436 by Swishy
HCVC 2000 Chesterfield Farm

Thanx to Andrew B

Cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, PaulFH, husky, xspanrman

More
3 years 6 months ago #215440 by Morris
WOW this is a real "Blast From the Past" and it was only twenty years ago. Sadly very few of the really early/rally heavy stuff is seen at our Display Day these days.
Some of the photos are from States more to the north of us and their shows do still seem to attract more of the early and heavy stuff.
Hopefully, in 2021 or 2030 or 3000 or whenever the virus has gone we will be able to hold a special celebratory display and feature lots of the vehicles and machinery we have not seen for ages.

In the meantime, put up pictures of all the old stuff we love to remember.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

More
3 years 6 months ago #215455 by bparo

Morris wrote: WOW this is a real "Blast From the Past" and it was only twenty years ago. Sadly very few of the really early/rally heavy stuff is seen at our Display Day these days.
Some of the photos are from States more to the north of us and their shows do still seem to attract more of the early and heavy stuff.
Hopefully, in 2021 or 2030 or 3000 or whenever the virus has gone we will be able to hold a special celebratory display and feature lots of the vehicles and machinery we have not seen for ages.

In the meantime, put up pictures of all the old stuff we love to remember.

The old stuff not coming out as often is probably due to a few factors such as:
- if the same people still own them they are 20 years older (if they are still around) so may not have the health to bring them out
- they may have been sold interstate/overseas
- Yarra Glen is approached by higher speed single lane roads and modern drivers don't seem to have the patience to sit behind old vehicles, double lines or not. Sandown, the farm and AFL park were all approached on multi lane roads making it easier for traffic to go around
-Yarra Glen is a fair hike from Melbourne Suburbs at 25 to 40 mph flat out on roads where overtaking can be difficult
- The HCVCA annual display day is not the premier event it once was. It was the only dedicated old truck show in Victoria, Now there are at least 6 dedicated vintage truck shows in Victoria now (Lancefield, Broadford, Clunes, Echuca, Yarra Glen and Maffra) plus being welcomed at Alexandra and Castlemaine. Country shows now often include trucks and utes in their lineup.
- The premier events are now runs. Things like Crawlin and Haulin, Gundagai, the weekend runs like the South Australians, New South Welshmen and others run
- I have noticed the really old stuff now often turns up at events like Lake Goldsmith Steam Rally where the cost of getting it there can be offset by driving it around the parade ground and low traffic local roads with enjoyment and not worrying about thick traffic.

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
3 years 6 months ago #215498 by Morris
Bparo, mate you are absolutely correct in what you say:-
1. We are all twenty years older. (it is very sad to think that we are the same age as all the Old People around us)
2. Some of the old stuff has been sold out of the area.
3. Yarra Glen has single lane approaches and modern drivers are less tolerant. (Too bad, will one day a year kill them?)
4. AFL Park has been subdivided for housing, Chesterville Farm had no hardstanding and was too small, Sandown Park priced itself out of the picture ($3000 to open the gates to the circuit, a huge amount for the club in those days) Sadly for me, as it was only ten minutes drive from where I lived at the time. The "extra" car park at Monash University was taken for the "Large Hadron Collider." (never heard anything about it since)
Many members searched for and investigated other possible venues but found nothing better than Yarra Glen.
5. Several other Truck shows have begun, often closer to owners' homes and have taken away the exclusivity of the HCVCA Display.

I guess that's life, that's progress. Nothing stays the same. Even our memories are fading so all I can suggest is post all the pictures you can and try to remember the good shows.

I'm gritting my teeth,

More
3 years 6 months ago #215510 by Morris
No luck with pictures yesterday so will try again. These were taken in and around Hosham Victoria on the day of Dear old Michael Kerrigan's funeral. Michael left very detailed directions from the church to his Cousin's place so we passed all the old trucks and truck wreckers on the way!

I'm gritting my teeth,

The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

• Swishy
  • Topic Author
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
3 years 5 months ago #216374 by Swishy
While do n a search of me Hardrive found sum ol pix
arranged in no particular order (jumbled up)
LOL

Mugg Shots @ Yarra Glen 2016?

Jackels Kenworth 'S' Model @ Yarra Glen 2016

WotSezU?

cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

More
3 years 5 months ago #216376 by Morris
Swishy,M80
I dun blieve you R all jumbled up but how does I make yr pix big enuf to see? All I can get is postage stamp sizes.:huh:

I'm gritting my teeth,

More
3 years 5 months ago #216405 by Mrsmackpaul
Move the telephone screen up close to your nose ?

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
3 years 5 months ago #216407 by Morris
Mrsmackpaul,
Pinocchio and I tried that but it did'n' work.

I'm gritting my teeth,

Time to create page: 0.536 seconds