Skip to main content

345 low on vacuum

More
3 years 11 months ago #210199 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic 345 low on vacuum
My two bobs worth, nah better make that two cents

It should develope vacuum pretty quick as in 30 seconds or less
I would isolate the system so no external vacuum operated things are connected to the motor
Then see what the vacuum is actually on the motor

Once its tuned up better start hooking other stuff up and see if you have a vacuum leak any where

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rattail 1927

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #210204 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic 345 low on vacuum
The engine can pull full vacuum in a few seconds ,due to capacity......but the vacuum line to the brake tank needs a restrictor so that the air from the tank doesnt upset carburation and stall the motor when you push the pedal with the truck idling ......going down a hill doesnt matter .......Even so ,you can usually see the idle speed up when you pump the brakes standing still..............Diesels dont have any manifold vacuum ,so they need a vacuum pump ,and this can take ages to get the tank down to buzzer pressure....So you cant compare any diesel .
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by JOHN.K..

More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #210332 by Rattail 1927
Replied by Rattail 1927 on topic 345 low on vacuum
Ok , when I bought the vacuum gauges they were cheap enough so I bought 2.....seems the one in the dash wasn’t showing correctly (11hg) at idle, when it was pointed out to me that it wouldn’t idle I put the other one on and it shows 17 hg at 650-700 rpm and it does this in a few seconds , all I need now is to find the wires that the previous owners banished from in behind the dash ....the two tanks have funny looking sensors ? And wires coming from both tanks which would be a on or off like a oil pressure switch ??
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Rattail 1927. Reason: Information and add

More
3 years 11 months ago #210344 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic 345 low on vacuum
Nothing to do with vac......but tilt cab ACCOs ,you need to always check both cab hold downs are properly engaged ........I used to regularly see them them with just one engaged ,and the other one knocked out of line with the pointed rod....A lot of drivers thought if the clip lock in the cab closed ,all was OK.

More
3 years 11 months ago #210348 by Rattail 1927
Replied by Rattail 1927 on topic 345 low on vacuum
We seem to have crossed channels, I’m talking about getting the vacuum tanks connected to a warning light on the dash, im not talking about cab locks

Time to create page: 0.460 seconds