Skip to main content

Volvo N10 Stuck in Reverse

More
3 years 11 months ago #210435 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic Volvo N10 Stuck in Reverse
Being an N series means you won't be able to do a fix without either dropping the box or removing the floor (if that is possible). As a quick fix for a tow to the shed you can remove the range change cylinder at the back of the box and move the piston so it stays between ranges. That way you have maxis off, power steering and a false neutral.

www.oldaussievolvos.com/pdfs/R60%20Service%20Man%20pt2.pdf

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 11 months ago #210442 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic Volvo N10 Stuck in Reverse
Our mate Stephen is getting good value for a non member, and if he joined (it's free and no spam etc) and he told us where he is, I might have a couple of N10 boxes looking for a new home.

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

• Stephen
  • Topic Author
3 years 11 months ago #210459 by Stephen
Replied by Stephen on topic Volvo N10 Stuck in Reverse
Thanks everyone for your help. Sorry I haven't responded until now, been seeding and had trouble replying on my phone. I've reversed the truck all the way home, closer to the workshop and will start pulling it apart in the next couple of days. I'm overwhelmed by the number of responses, apologies for not being a member, I wasn't sure if this was common with these and a quick fix and heard I could do a quick one off public post here. i am not sure which box it has in it. it looks like the r60 but has an aluminium housing connecting the stick to top of box

More
3 years 11 months ago #210472 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic Volvo N10 Stuck in Reverse
Brass plate on right side of box tells all.
This R60 manual is from 1966 but wouldn't have changed much.
www.oldaussievolvos.com/pdfs/R60%20Service%20Man%20pt2.pdf

The SR61 (S= splitter ie 16 speed) and then R62/SR62 as fitted to the early series F10 were upgrades.

Time to create page: 0.409 seconds