Skip to main content

Real world Acco fuel economy

More
3 years 10 months ago #211537 by JOHN.K.
Front wheel drive .......from the factory ,the upper swivel bearing is a bronze piece ,the lower is a tapered roller .......the bronze bit is dear ,so often it will have taper rollers top and bottom........this can produce the choppy pattern ......another thing is the condition of the axle joint unis ,and also the support bushes in the axle spindle ....You can stop all the front rotation by removing the drive flanges ,and replacing them with plain plates (or Selectro FW Hubs ),or even just turning the drive flanges spline out........If the tailshaft is left attached ,the front will just rotate slowly on the drag in the transfer case ,and hopefully keep the steering pivot bearings lubed enough......Or you can take out the front tailshaft ,and nothing bad will happen ,just the upper steering bearing may need a bit of lube.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rattail 1927

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 10 months ago #211545 by Rattail 1927
Ok thanks John I didn't know if I was opening up another can of worms , I'll do the tyres first with everything else left in then I'll do the jack shaft one at a time... I'll check if the shafts have sections to eliminate one more thing.

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #211582 by Rattail 1927
Well I better accreditation away , I've slipped up and got a "x" against my name..... tyre pressure is usually ( if someone knows please share ) my front tyre pressure were 20 and 38 ...... back ones were 60psi down to 15 psi ...... hmmm I'll get a slap on the hand for that, first written warning .... I'm maybe thinking over inflated tyres are not the cause of the problem, I'll still swap them tyres around and even put air in them about 80-85 psi , never going to have any weight so i ll do that all around and see what other mysterious noises come to bear.......
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Rattail 1927.

More
3 years 10 months ago #211608 by Rattail 1927
Well I probably should have saved my money for the Acco but I bought some Hume highway " bling " .... chrome gauge covers for the T-line feeling left over in the corner for a couple of weeks, only starting it yesterday to keep the batteries charged , I've often wondered if starting the engine for 5-10 minutes and know more as I read somewhere that to much idling actually washes away the oil of the ball , might stick on the charger once every so often but I will still need a driving fix ....

More
3 years 10 months ago #211609 by Blackduck59
A small Solar panel keeps they topped up, no need to worry about 240V and rain. May need 2 for 24V or dual controllers with 1 panel.
Cheers Steve
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Rattail 1927

More
3 years 10 months ago #211610 by hayseed

Blackduck59 wrote: A small Solar panel keeps they topped up, no need to worry about 240V and rain. May need 2 for 24V or dual controllers with 1 panel.
Cheers Steve

^^^ I have a small Solar panel on both My Forklift & Front end Loader. They work well..

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
3 years 10 months ago #211611 by Rattail 1927
Thanks Steve, it's 3 12v batteries in parallel, please excuse my ignorance, what do you mean by controllers ?

More
3 years 10 months ago #211612 by Rattail 1927
Hi hay seed , how much , where did get it and is it water proof thanks jim

More
3 years 10 months ago #211614 by hayseed
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configuration

Rattail 1927 wrote: Hi hay seed , how much , where did get it and is it water proof thanks jim

Mate I've got something similar to this..

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
3 years 10 months ago #211616 by Mrsmackpaul
Silvan boom spray people have 12 volt solar chargers like seed has shown
Had one for many years, very handy for the dozer once the pilot motor is removed and direct electric start is used as they have no alternator or generator
Just hook them up and they keep the batteries topped up

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

Time to create page: 0.548 seconds