Skip to main content

Real world Acco fuel economy

More
3 years 9 months ago #211851 by Rattail 1927
Yes it comes in about 75-80 km and I can’t / won’t go any faster than 85 , it feels like something is about to explode , as I said it drove perfect until the mysterious handbrake
( ghost)
And then I wasn’t game to go fast , I just wanted home in one piece...I was going to get two of the perfect flat tyres from the drive and the front wheels that are on there now are heel and toed so they need to be rotated anyhow, I can’t get down on the ground it’s still wet , be a couple of days to dry out .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 9 months ago #211852 by Rattail 1927
Yeah I’m hearing u cobba, it’s only reared it’s head again because it’s registered, i put a new speedo in it whilst it was hibernating and it’s got the grand total of 60 km on it , I’ll take it for another burn once the tyres are done and I need to take the hand brake drum off and feel for free play, I actually hope it’s the problem because I can replace it with out cracking the cases ....
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
3 years 9 months ago #211853 by 180wannabe
If you think it is in the front wheels, also check for correct toe in.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Rattail 1927

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
3 years 9 months ago #211854 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Real world Acco fuel economy
Told a joker years ago
wen he had problems with a 4 wheel drive
it was hard to shift outa 4 wheel drive
fit new tyres
fixd the problem as the gearing was bindn up
try n to make the WB shorter or loanger n put load on the gears even wen stopd to yank it out of 4x4 drive
also if the splines on the drive shafts R a fine spline
sum rememdy can B to alter the phaze one or more of the fine spline left or right etc

Those in the kno
please xplain why the out of phaze of this jiggr

https://www.hcvc.com.au/forum/attachment/324

cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rattail 1927

More
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #211858 by Rattail 1927
Yes swishy has a good look today, unfortunately..... cause it would be fixed ..... hey that rubber is bendy good but if u try to fold it ....it cracks and I know now that 9-10 mpg is right on the money for fuel economy, read the aaco ad ...
Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by Rattail 1927. Reason: Pictures

More
3 years 9 months ago #211859 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic Real world Acco fuel economy
That neatens things up nicely. I should do that to mine.

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
3 years 9 months ago #211874 by Rattail 1927

180wannabe wrote: If you think it is in the front wheels, also check for correct toe in.

The front wheels are heel and toed not seriously and you don’t notice them at first, you rub your hand on them you know they are there .....

More
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #211875 by Rattail 1927

asw120 wrote: That neatens things up nicely. I should do that to mine.

Jarrod.

Yeah thanks jarrod , I bought some 2-3 mm rubber checker plate effect on eBay, had to pick it up but the results were worth it , made a paper template and traced the lines and cut the round pieces with scissors and there there are , I also gave the plastic covers under the dashboard a quick hit with some shiny black out of a spray can and it really brightened things up !
Jim
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by Rattail 1927.

More
3 years 9 months ago #211890 by JOHN.K.
Isnt this 1610 on spiders?.......very easy to get lots of out of balance ,and roundness ...have you tried the runout of each wheel?
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #211894 by Rattail 1927
Hi john , it’s a 610 4x4 and yes it’s on spiders, I said in a earlier post the ground is still wet so I wouldn’t take the wait of the truck , the steer tyres are heel and toed so I’m taking the steers off and putting two wheels off the drive as they are all same tyres and worn level with no ugly signs of odd wear , what I did discover was the slip yoke from the transfer to the front axle has movement, in my opinion it maybe to much, not sure, also once I got it out of gear the shaft that comes out to the handbrake imo borderline to replace ment , I think it’s accessible by taking the handbrake drum off and there is small 4 bolt casing and the bearing is loose and that’s why the hand brake drum is leaking fresh imo .. I also know the steer are out of balance as from about 65km left side thumps and seem to get better and then the driveline starts so that’s about where we are now, once the ground dries up I’ll attack the wheels
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by Rattail 1927.

Time to create page: 0.554 seconds