Skip to main content

COVID

More
3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #213357 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic COVID
You are right Steve. The various governments are doing the best they can, some better than others. If ever there was a time, every person should say "This is nobody's fault but mine". If everybody did the right thing there would be no need to shut down any business or event that did not generate large crowds and close contact.

Unfortunately there are thousands out there, many living on the public purse, who believe the guvmnt should be sacked for allowing the sun to go to the Northern hemisphere making it cold in Melbourne in August putting those old people at even further risk.

Lang
Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by Lang.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH, Zuffen, oliver1950

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #213361 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic COVID
people are still trying to move around. A person I went to school with is a police officer in an old Hume Highway Town. At a call out yesterday they noticed a normally quiet road was fairly busy with cars and caravans. In 2 hours they turned around and booked 23 vehicles heading to the border from the lock down zones. They only stopped when they got an emergency call and had to go. He passed the information on at shift change over and was heading out again today with a plan of using any 'spare time' to check that and other back roads in the area. It's obvious people find reasons why the rules don't apply to them.

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!
Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by bparo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, PaulFH

More
3 years 7 months ago #213362 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic COVID
Just had a thought on this.

The current situation has seen nothing like it in anyone's lifetime. The authorities have no manual or rules. Stuff is coming out of left field every day.

Unfortunately there are people who could not organise a 5 year old's birthday party at Macdonalds with the benefit of hindsight screaming that we have been let down by those who are dealing with stuff on the spot that NOBODY has ever had to deal with before. Of course they would do differently if they had information coming to light afterwards - wouldn't we all?

Lang
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

More
3 years 7 months ago #213363 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic COVID
Pretty obvious the self quarantine was never going to work......and confirmed by the check conducted on 500 with 125 missing from home on both visits ,and a significant number taking the payment ,and still going to work......and the large number of talking heads on the telly making excuses for them............However ,more concerning IMHO ,is the number of Victorian testers being infected .....even though they are wearing plastic suits,gloves ,masks and face shields,and out doors ,in the open air.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

More
3 years 7 months ago #213371 by wee-allis
Replied by wee-allis on topic COVID
Those ignoring the directions are not restricted to Victoria. Just recently, I took the bride out for lunch. We went to a small café/coffee bar who were taking all the necessary steps to keep us all safe.

No more than 10 people inside at any one time, 1.5 metre spacing between seats, name and phone number recorded on entry,temperature take and spots on the floor to keep everyone separated, no cash payments. All tis was written on a large board right beside the entry door. All well and good.

When we arrived, we were able to stand just inside the door to wait for our chance to sign in and get a table. While standing there a woman walked in and stood not 2 feet from me, playing with her phone.

I asked her, "What about the 1.5 metre distance rule." Her answer was, " It's too cold outside, so I have to wait in her." I told her that if she reckoned that it was cold outside, it's a bloody lot colder in the morgue. She got the message and I got cheers from those inside. Not hard to do the right thing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: IHScout, cobbadog, Morris, PaulFH, husky

More
3 years 7 months ago #213381 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic COVID
Going by reports tonight they appear to be getting closer to being tougher on the idiots who dont think the rules apply to them. Maybe this needs to be applied Nationally so there is no misunderstanding at all.
I don't know how or why flights are still happening interstate especially up and down the East coast. I thought you were not allowed over the Southern border from Vic to NSW by road rail but ok by plane? International flights still coming in and authourities being lied to about being Consulate Staff where in fact they were not and were only contractors flying in, that should a 'go to gaol, do not pass go' job.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bparo, oliver1950

More
3 years 7 months ago #213388 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic COVID
My reading was that the 'contractor' held a diplomatic passport which created a lack of clarity as rules have yet to catch up with that anomaly. As Lang says it is all about catching up asap.

More
3 years 7 months ago #213390 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic COVID
Yep ,we sure dont want no southeners pollutin the clean air of Queensland.

More
3 years 7 months ago #213393 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic COVID
There has been planes flying in and out of China the whole time this mess has been going on

So I doubt that all flights have stopped

Celebs flying back in from the US etc

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
3 years 7 months ago #213411 by overnite
Replied by overnite on topic COVID

JOHN.K. wrote: Yep ,we sure dont want no southeners pollutin the clean air of Queensland.

Can’t blame you for that. Wish Gladys hadn’t taken so long to stop southerners coming here. She’s still hasn’t stopped them fully.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zuffen

Time to create page: 0.526 seconds