Skip to main content

Single axle semi trailer, flat deck or extendable

More
3 years 6 months ago #214296 by Brad
This is going to be late notice but not that it will matter.

I'm on the lookout for a single axle semi trailer, extendable with deck would be ideal. I come across one which has now ended up on consignment at auction ending tomorrow. I've been outbid by one bid but it's already over what I thought was fair value. Next bid would make it $1925. I would like some opinions whether these are a rare item or not and what a fair value would be.

This one in particular is of unknown make, no deck nor battens and coaming. 9.00-20 tyre are 20% (yeah right!). I know who the owner is and it had been sitting many years. It extends from about 9 to plus 1.5, 3, 4.5 m. It has a sliding axle and missing the extension locking mechanism.

I've seen single axle flat decks ranging from free, $1500 asking and $4500 asking (dealer consignment).

I'll post some photos shortly.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 6 months ago #214298 by Brad
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

More
3 years 6 months ago #214299 by Mrsmackpaul
Not that I know two tenths of stuff all, I reckon if I was chasing something like this thats pretty good buying

As I said though, I dunno two tenths of stuff all

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brad

More
3 years 6 months ago #214303 by Brad
I think if you"needed" it, it would be good buying. This is just a hobby so I'm trying to do it cheaply. If this type of extendable is hard to find or too expensive I'll just have to settle for a flat deck.

Also a lesson for me, if I'd realised the value I could have had it for less pre auction.

The trailer shown was ex Energy Australia I believe used for carrying poles.

I tried posting more photos, will try again later.

More
3 years 6 months ago #214304 by Brad
Attachments:

More
3 years 6 months ago #214305 by Brad
Attachments:

More
3 years 6 months ago #214306 by Zuffen
Scrap value would be close to the price you were talking about.

If I was in your position it would be parked in my driveway. That would upset the Wife.

Remember you can't take your money with you and if you cut back in some other area you can have what you want, within reason.

More
3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #214317 by mammoth
Why a single axle and extending?? Pretty rare to find a decent single axle semi as they went out of fashion yonks ago, and for good reason. Used to be that you had to pay around $7k for a 38' tandem , but nowadays you can be lucky and score a tired but useable 40' tandem for $3.5k. Any less and you are looking at something that needs new tyres and floor. Chequer plate is cheaper that good timber but still around $2k. Farmers love cheap semis 'cause they can move stuff around the farm and not have to unload it. Extendables involve a lot of engineering, maintenence so expect to pay $15 for something worth having plus cost and hassle of permits to open it up.
Monitor the on line clearing sales on AuctionsPlus.
Last edit: 3 years 6 months ago by mammoth.

More
3 years 6 months ago #214322 by Sarge
I gotta agree with Paul (not about the two tenths) ifn it was what ya wanted then ya shoulda grabbed it. But She to whom I am married is smart enough to know that my cheap trailer is going to be more dollars and time making it a real trailer than just buying a real trailer in the first place, and she will be telling me every day that I am playing with it.

Your pole trailer looks a bit like a container skel, would one of those be as easy to make up for your purpose?

Good luck in your hunt.

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

More
3 years 6 months ago #214335 by geoffb
Just My 2 bobs worth
Easy to ask forgiveness that permission
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH, Brad

Time to create page: 0.511 seconds