Skip to main content

1963 Ford F250

More
3 years 7 months ago #214475 by Urchy87
1963 Ford F250 was created by Urchy87
Happy Father’s Day to those of you with children.

I think I’m about to pull the trigger on a 1963 F250 I looked at a while ago. Wanting to ask you all how hard it is to get panels/parts (parts I would think easy) for them. Can’t find many others that have sold or being parted here in AUS, I might be looking in the wrong places, I’d require a drivers side door and quarter panel for certain after a quick look I had. In the interim I’d just Club Rego it with the dents and bruises and perhaps swap the straight 6 for a V8 but the long term plan is to use this as a subject for paint and panel practice. Hopefully the picture attached. Cheers All.

Adventure before Dementia.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 7 months ago #214476 by Urchy87
Replied by Urchy87 on topic 1963 Ford F250
It attached twice apparently. Sorry.

More
3 years 7 months ago #214486 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic 1963 Ford F250
Nice project to keep you busy over Summer. Doing whatyou have just done is the best approach, ask everyone.
Try some of the FERD forums too as they will have their favourite suppliers of body parts. I dont think Rare Spares would have any but worth a look just to be scared to death by their prices. Happy hunting and welcome to the Forum.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
3 years 7 months ago #214487 by Brocky45
Replied by Brocky45 on topic 1963 Ford F250
Are you sure it is a 250?? Here in the States with dual rear tires it would be a 1 ton 350.. Not that it would make a difference in body panels??

More
3 years 7 months ago #214496 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic 1963 Ford F250
I had one just like that in the 70s,had a 300 Canadian six.......mine was a 350 though......I think in Oz Fords ,only the F100 had single wheels,the 250 had duals ......do recall it had deadly two piece rims that were split in the middle of the rim with a few tiny ledges to hold them together ..

More
3 years 7 months ago #214501 by Urchy87
Cheers.

Cobbadog, I’ve been lurking around here for a while. The last project I was looking at doing was a ramp truck to make a nice combo for my car but the regulations were too hard to deal with which is when I originally looked at this rocket. Now I’m decided on a pickup so for the couple grand asking price it’s not a big loss if it takes longer than I plan.

Brocky45, good spotting. It is a 250 but had an axle swap in the 90’s, can’t remember why as it was ages ago when I originally spoke to them, will ask again to confirm before purchasing though.

JOHN.K., this one is also a Canadian 300 with a 4 speed box. The plan would be to take it out and drop a 351 Cleveland in. It hurts a bit as I’m a Holden (GM Australia if you aren’t from over here, well was before they closed us down) guy. Haha. Lucky I’m fond of early F’s.

More
3 years 7 months ago #214533 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic 1963 Ford F250
Urchy, I feel ya pain, holden on is hard but this is a bit of a classic with a loud V8, just leave the name plate off and it won't hurt so much. Good luck we will enjoy watching what ever progress your fix or repair daily makes. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

More
3 years 7 months ago #214535 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic 1963 Ford F250
Surprising if they sell it cheap ...most people got the idea old Ford s are worth megabucks.

More
3 years 7 months ago #214570 by Urchy87
Sarge, lucky I like the sound of a 351. I will just drive it with my eyes closed. That’s if I chuck out the Canadian 6. Which would be highly likely.

JOHN.K. Pretty sure they will stick to the price they were throwing around. Well I hope anyway. Haha.

More
3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #214593 by PDU
Replied by PDU on topic 1963 Ford F250
The 300 was a good engine, dependable, no timing chain or belt, and no where near as thirsty as the great thumping 351 Urchy87 . . . :unsure: :huh:

Which GM plant did you work at?
Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by PDU.

Time to create page: 0.605 seconds