Updated 28th July.

If you are unable to login, you probably need to read this change to your username & profile.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Raising the Roof - making a tilt cab of a Karrier Bantam 26 Jun 2021 22:05 #222815

• cobbadog
  • Thank you received: 1462
If the images when posted are too small then they have been compressed to much. When I compress my images I compress them to 'document' size and not email or less.
Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe.
STUBBOURN B@ST@RD
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave_64

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Raising the Roof - making a tilt cab of a Karrier Bantam 27 Jun 2021 10:02 #222827

• Dave_64
  • Dave_64's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 661
Bit of a test to see if it makes any differenc either vertically or horizontaly. Direct from iPhone bypassing computer. Dave
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, PaulFH, roKWiz

Last edit: by IHScout. Reason: Don’t forget to click “insert” after uploading photos so they appear properly in your post

Raising the Roof - making a tilt cab of a Karrier Bantam 27 Jun 2021 10:04 #222828

• Dave_64
Well, looks like the prpblem is my end, top photo phone held horizontally, bottom held vertically
Dave
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

Raising the Roof - making a tilt cab of a Karrier Bantam 27 Jun 2021 13:15 #222834

• scratcha
  • Thank you received: 73
Department of silly Questions? can you use ACCO stuff? the little ones were tilt cab and once were everywhere
1418 Benz now really impressing the bride :-)

Raising the Roof - making a tilt cab of a Karrier Bantam 20 Jul 2021 21:53 #223662

• Dave_64
Just a bit of an update re tilting this cab, got the modified radiator back, almost ready to install.
Mounted the air cleaner vertically against the chassis, ran the breather pipe up the back of the cabin, stuck the pre cleaner bowl on.
Made the cab lift mechanism up out of heavy walled 40X40 square tube, one inside the other with holes drilled through to put a clevis pin through. At the moment lifting the shed up with a chain block, can get it up to about 60 degrees before it contacts the roller door.
Have the 12volt boat winch just about ready to mount on a frame, run the cable from behind (or in between) the gearboxes, up the mast
through a dual sheave and back down to the lifting hook at bottom of cabin. May look a little old fashioned, but WILL work!

Tossing up where to point the exhaust pipe, 3 inch coming out of the muffler at the moment, same side as the inlet but inside the chassis rails. Easiest thing to do would be just continue it out in a straight line, stick a 30 degree angle on it and let it come out in front of the drive axle near side. Either that or buy a 3 inch verticl muffler and stick it up behind the cabin, but then you have to have heat shields so kids don't burn their hands , yarda, yarda. Plus still have to have one of those dome shaped thingo's that the exhaust sits on when the shed comes down and seals it off. Maybe down the track.
If ever it stops raining here, once I get the cab tilt bolted on, I'll grab a few snaps and post them.
Cheers Dave_64
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, Morris

Raising the Roof - making a tilt cab of a Karrier Bantam 21 Jul 2021 06:31 #223664

• Swishy
  • Away
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
  • Thank you received: 2482
Cogz
Gudday m8
U ever thort of haven the winch so U can disconect wire rope from the shed n run thru a pully n then run it out back to winch on your next project etc
Also instead of wire rop use dyrema the soft high tensile synthetic type rope in many different capacities n many flavors

just thinkn out loud here
U kno best
cya
OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

Raising the Roof - making a tilt cab of a Karrier Bantam 21 Jul 2021 08:44 #223667

• JOHN.K.
  • Thank you received: 1096
ACCOs have large coil springs to counterbalance the cab weight,no other lift mechanism.......a lot of other UK trucks have torsion bars across the front pivot axis......both hard to do............the Leyland Terrier has a hydraulic push pull setup ,no springs ....not hard to fit......if a cab lifts from a single point under the LHS front area,there is a lot of twisting stress on the cab,and a lot of force on the mounting points.

Raising the Roof - making a tilt cab of a Karrier Bantam 21 Jul 2021 15:19 #223677

• Mrsmackpaul
  • Thank you received: 2235
Isuzu have the torsion bar job as well, the ACCO coil spring was best by a long way

I would be trying something along either of these lines as they are simple and reliable

Paul
Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

Raising the Roof - making a tilt cab of a Karrier Bantam 21 Jul 2021 20:22 #223687

• Dave_64
What do they use that Dyreema rope for? Ski ropes? Whats it like on really tight sheaves??

Raising the Roof - making a tilt cab of a Karrier Bantam 21 Jul 2021 20:38 #223688

• JOHN.K.
  • Thank you received: 1096
Its much used on trawlers ,where they might have 3000m of rope ,or more ,for weight reduction......May not be very UV resistant ,tho.

Time to create page: 0.372 seconds

Historic Commercial Vehicles Club of Australia Inc.  Post: P.O. Box 2020 Bayswater Vic. 3153    Clubrooms: Unit 8 / 4  Macquarie Place Boronia    Club Phone: 0400 025 525    Club Rooms:  03) 9738 1558