WotSezU?

cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 months ago #216521 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Tesla
ACCC should be looking at this. Average mileage of a V8 Landcruiser and cost of fuel $1.75 a litre????? that includes 45c per litre excise to pay for the roads against a car making no contribution to the roads on which it is driving.

Electric cars will come but lying will not help the cause and only muddy the waters.

lang
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tacho, oliver1950

• Swishy
  • Topic Author
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
3 years 4 months ago #216523 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Tesla
Lang
gudday m8

RE: 45c per litre excise to pay for the roads

So where's our roads??

45c pl x Litres x cars = Huge $

cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
3 years 4 months ago #216524 by Lang
Swishy

Don't forget there are half a million public servants in a skyscraper in the middle of each capital city "administering and managing" our roads. Their pay has to come from somewhere.

More
3 years 4 months ago #216528 by jeffo
Replied by jeffo on topic Tesla
Excise is around $.42 per litre but then they also grab the GST from the bowser price.
Tax on tax if you will.
Way too many “administrators” eating up this income and it certainly doesn’t get where it was intended.
The bad old days of contribution to road maintenance was far more transparent and that was in pre-computer times.
All done by hand and allocated to each and every piece of road travelled.

More
3 years 4 months ago #216529 by oliver1950
Replied by oliver1950 on topic Tesla
If the American election is not overturned due to ballot rigging sleepy Joe has vowed to shut down the American oil industry ,then watch the crude oil price skyrocket.The oil producer cartels must be wringing their hands in anticipation,Bursima shares anyone?

You can't have too many toys!

More
3 years 4 months ago #216539 by overnite
Replied by overnite on topic Tesla
I heard during the week that South Australia is going to add a distance travelled tax to electric vehicles. Bring it on.

More
3 years 4 months ago #216550 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Tesla
Victoria are going to charge them 2.5 cents a Km..

www.theage.com.au/politics/victoria/pall...20201121-p56gp3.html

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
3 years 4 months ago #216553 by Lang
Good start but then they spend vastly more than that revenue on facilities for electric cars. Not only are they not covering their road use, everybody else is paying for their ticket-to-heaven facility cost shortfall. I am sure most electric people freely recognise they must contribute to the public facilities they use like everyone else.

We are also a bit in the dark as to how they are going to calculate, administer and enforce payment. Do electric people have to keep log books and pay monthly like the old road tax system. That will work well as we know every person is scrupulously honest.

What about making the payment at the charging station (either public or home) through a simple meter and centralised electronic accounting.

They have to get this sorted because there is no doubt petrol stations will be hard to find in 10 or 20 years from now and there will be many more cars on the road - mostly electric - requiring facilities which must be paid for in the face of dwindling petrol excise revenue.

Lang
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeffo, oliver1950

More
3 years 4 months ago #216554 by jeffo
Replied by jeffo on topic Tesla
I think you’re being extremely generous Mr Lang.
Every electric vehicle owner I know only talks of their savings.
When the subject moves to contribution to road costs, suddenly the topic moves to green house gas or such. Strange that.
I imagine electric vehicles will be monitored via GPS, similar to trawlers and so on.
A department will evolve to levy fees, empire building in the best Government tradition.
We’ll hear how wonderful the spin offs will be, safety aspects, you know the stuff, have heard it all before.

Time to create page: 0.536 seconds