Skip to main content

Two trucks trying to break a small car

More
3 years 3 months ago #217881 by Lang
I suppose if you added the IQ of these people up you might reach double figures. In Ireland of course.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 months ago #217885 by projectinter
I’m surprised how long the car holds together.

More
3 years 3 months ago #217886 by V8Ian
I'm with Lang, shoe size exceeds the IQ. Do they have no idea what could happen, should the chain break?

More
3 years 3 months ago #217923 by overnite
Where’s the problem? Perfectly safe, they’re wearing HiVis.

More
3 years 3 months ago #217931 by prodrive
Yes, but are they weraing safety thongs?

More
3 years 3 months ago #217934 by overnite
Of course they are. Nothing less than full PPE.

More
3 years 3 months ago #217954 by rex
Think about it the trucks had nothing on the drive probably less than 4 tonnes total. Had they put 4 or 5 tonnes the car would have come apart after a couple of goes.
We work in a part of the transport industry where traction is our most important consideration it is never horsepower. Recently we sold some parts for a 15 inch axle to a guy who moves cars out of Port Kembla with a single drive with a single axle trailer 3 cars per load. He remarked that we leave the Port during the night similar time to when he loads up and heads off he said that if he left more than 5 minutes after us he never caught the load. Because of traction we use 2 trucks total weight 180 tonnes therefore we have too much power for what could be considered reasonable but 1 truck would spinnthe drive tyres and is far too much a risk.
Put a bit of weight on the Mack's and it would have been much quicker and far less entainering
Rex

Making a small effort to save the history of road transport in Australia by being in front of Simms
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lang

More
3 years 3 months ago #217958 by Mrsmackpaul
I reckon its as funny as, Rex is of course right, even if it was hooked higher on the grease plate it would of put some down pressure on the drive

Still gave me a chuckle, I dunno what was funnier, the safety crew, the failure to tare the car apart easily or watch the car separate

V8Ian if a chain breaks it doesn't fly around like a steel cable, they just drop to the ground almost every time
Even if the do get a bit of moment up they are far safer than a cable

I know this from experience and have broken plenty of chains unbogging tractors and the like

As the chain lets go the energy is dissipated thru each link and most times 19 1/2 out of 20 it just hits the deck

I have only had one chain take off, it broke a window but not enough energy to put a whole thru a window or even deform the shape

Thats my experience anyway

I m sure lots of people have lost arms and legs according the internet and old wives tales, I have been just lucky I guess

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
The following user(s) said Thank You: V8Ian

More
3 years 3 months ago #217960 by allan
I haven't personally seen a chain break and injure a person.

BUT I was a Board director of a business that got a very heavy workcover fine (or whatever they were called back then) when a chain broke, and then broke some bones of the supervising engineer - who was in fact the most experienced and qualified person in the organisation in that field of work! But it was the organisation's fault of course - lack of job assessment and supervision.

More
3 years 3 months ago #217963 by Lang
The following user(s) said Thank You: allan, PaulFH

Time to create page: 0.527 seconds