Skip to main content

Bedford MK 4x4 Rims/tyres alternatives

More
3 years 2 months ago #218913 by cobbadog
Going a fair way back in time to the late 1987 early 88 I was involved with wheels and tyres for forklifts and under ground mining equipment. When learning more about stud patterns and how to order the correct wheel to be made at our engineering shop one of the things was what taper was needed. The 3 that come to mind was 45', 30' and a radius countersink which was used on British stuff. Id it this radius countersink you are calling 'coned'?
Hyster forklifts with solid cushion tyres did use a tapered cone to centre the wheels. You undid the 9/16" nuts then flog the wheel with a sledge hammer to loosen the tapered cones from the recess in the wheel. Bastards of things they were.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 months ago #219006 by Johnp
Thanks everyone plenty of info to go on ,i removed the ex army inter 6x6 rims and test fitted them to bedford,perfect everywhere no touching or rubbing anywhere countersink front and rear of rim holes etc same, stud size same .
i have got on to a tyre mob here in Perth very helpful over the phone ,they can do 12.00s for$437 +gst gp tread Chinese of course and some other options we are looking at,so will keep you posted on end results

More
3 years 2 months ago #219008 by Mrsmackpaul
Keep a eye on Pickles and Manhiem Fowls auction sites as the army quite often are selling their used tyres here
They go cheap normally as has been previously mentioned

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
The following user(s) said Thank You: Johnp

More
3 years 1 month ago #220014 by Johnp
Well ended up putting four new Boto BT118 1200s on,hell of a time getting old bar treads off but all sorted now and looks good,im getting too old for tyre fitting, but was worth end result,i test fitted and drove on old wheels first and no clearance probs or anything and aggresive tread pattern looks just right for me.Will still need to do a spare but that can wait a bit.

More
3 years 1 month ago #220018 by Mrsmackpaul
Sounds like a win to me

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

Time to create page: 0.478 seconds