Skip to main content

Stay Awake?

More
3 years 1 month ago #219276 by wee-allis
Replied by wee-allis on topic Stay Awake?
About the same price as a cup of coffee in some places as well.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 month ago #219277 by overnite
Replied by overnite on topic Stay Awake?
Turn the aircon down low. But unfortunately back then a/c was a long way off. Had to be content with the window down or the real thing.

More
3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #219288 by Southbound
Replied by Southbound on topic Stay Awake?
1 No Doze has the same caffeine as a cup of coffee. IMHO if bosses were paying drivers by the hour (plus penalty rates) instead of the kilometer there would be no need for any of this BS. 24 hours in a day less a compulsory 7 hour break means up to ** hours working. This is why I won't do interstate driving jobs anymore.

I'd rather have tools that I don't need, than not have the tools I do need.
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Southbound.

More
3 years 1 month ago #219291 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Stay Awake?
The genuine Yippee beans of the 1950s interstate drivers were methamphetamine........commonly known today as ice or crystal meth......The catch was a driver high on beans could drive for a week non stop,but couldnt sleep afterwards ,so he had to take sleeping pills by the handfull...

More
3 years 1 month ago #219292 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Stay Awake?
Methadrine and Benzadrine were the drugs in use (and probably still are). These were standard issue to aircrew during WW2 to keep them awake on 8 hour night missions
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, overnite

More
3 years 1 month ago #219293 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Stay Awake?

JOHN.K. wrote: The genuine Yippee beans of the 1950s interstate drivers were methamphetamine........commonly known today as ice or crystal meth......The catch was a driver high on beans could drive for a week non stop,but couldnt sleep afterwards ,so he had to take sleeping pills by the handfull...

Then,It was made by Major Publicly Listed Chemical Companies under Laboratory Conditions............ Now It's made by Bikes on the Kitchen Table..!!!

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
3 years 1 month ago #219295 by Swanny
Replied by Swanny on topic Stay Awake?
Duromine were pretty good usually an overweight Aunty was the best person to get a script from so you could buy them from a chemist

More
3 years 1 month ago #219296 by overnite

Lang wrote: Methadrine and Benzadrine were the drugs in use (and probably still are). These were standard issue to aircrew during WW2 to keep them awake on 8 hour night missions

That’s the ones Lang

More
3 years 1 month ago #219297 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Stay Awake?
My old man worked for Collier Garland back in 50s,and he d say when the trucks pulled in on the way south ,the fork drivers used to make sure the truck was pointing the right way out of the depot..

More
3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #219298 by overnite

Swanny wrote: Duromine were pretty good usually an overweight Aunty was the best person to get a script from so you could buy them from a chemist

What was your Auntie’s name Swanny? I think a lot of interstate truck drivers in the 60s and 70s must have been related. lol.
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by overnite.

Time to create page: 0.511 seconds