Skip to main content

T34 gearbox into acco 1830a

More
3 years 3 weeks ago - 3 years 3 weeks ago #219406 by AccoPhil
Hi guys, I’m pretty new to all this, but I have aquired a t34 overdrive gearbox and I made sure it would fit into the acco bell housing , but have just realised the gear shift linkages are different and was wandering if anyone knew how to overcome this issue ?? I thought on out changing plate ontop but they are different mounting bolts, thanks for any help in advance

Gotta click insert if'n ya wanna put ya picky in.........

!!!!
Last edit: 3 years 3 weeks ago by Sarge.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 weeks ago #219408 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic T34 gearbox into acco 1830a
So what box is in the truck now?......the remote change top and the stick type are interchangeable ,provided you have the same iteration of box..................some here will know the IHT34/35/36 boxes had a completely modified change top circa mid 1970,to cure the annoying problem the early boxes had of getting the stick jammed in between the shifter notches when going from first to reverse without a very conscious movement to hold the shifter square.

More
3 years 3 weeks ago #219413 by AccoPhil
SMA 475 is in truck now direct drive and changing to the red one in pictures with gear stick set up I attached pics of the truck Insitu linkages

More
3 years 3 weeks ago #219433 by 180wannabe
G'day AccoPhil. I'm not sure how you will go there without getting a bit creative, i haven't seen that model 'box in a tilt cab acco before.

Let me know if you can't/don't end up using the T34, i am looking for one.

Brett.

More
3 years 3 weeks ago #219434 by AccoPhil
That’s not good to hear , I’ll let you know

More
3 years 3 weeks ago - 3 years 3 weeks ago #219445 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic T34 gearbox into acco 1830a
AP, that looks the same as my old butter box, the shifter is quite straight forward, assume common parts.

Bit hard to see, bloody hard to squeeze the tablet into

And too Damm difficult to change orientation from here too..... Tip ya computer over.

From my parts book, the shifter.

Good luck.

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.
Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 3 weeks ago by Sarge.

More
3 years 3 weeks ago #219455 by AccoPhil
Thanks mate, I’ll have to make some magic happen I think

More
3 years 3 weeks ago #219457 by Blackduck59
Certain some of the A models had the same type of gearshift that Sarge put up, maybe a case of some scrounging.
Cheers Steve
The following user(s) said Thank You: AccoPhil

More
3 years 3 weeks ago #219459 by AccoPhil
Thanks mate will do, I’ve got a wrecker looking tomorrow

More
3 years 3 weeks ago #219477 by 180wannabe
None of the A series acco used the linkage as in Sarge's pic, but it would certainly be worth having a crack at making something similar. Main thing will be to bush everything snugly.

Just be aware the shift pattern will be completely back to front in a tilt cab compared with a Butterbox, because of where the linkage connects to the stick, ie. under the stick pivot in a tilt cab, compared with above the stick pivot in a Butterbox.

There are 2 connection points at the bottom of the stick on a tilt cab, one for the Eaton SMA, and the other for Roadrangers. The difference is to give a different amount of throw.

Be worth a try if you can make the linkage clear everything.

Time to create page: 0.529 seconds