Skip to main content

Is Cobba swimming?

More
3 years 1 month ago #219947 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic Is Cobba swimming?
Looks like that is the end of my pumpkin soup, all under water.
Not sure if many know the Martin Bridge over the Manning River at Taree but the water was at the deck of the bridge as a water tank hit it. This height also meant that some shops near the bridge must have had water get inside as the memorial park went under water. That house that floated downstream also lost the cattle off the property the same way.
Here at home we had a police car come flying up the street with lights flashing. Found out later that there was an idiot who abused the fire brigade and drove around them and then got stuck in flood waters and had to be rescued by the SES and was picked off the roof of his car. Apart from any fines that he should get he should also be charged a rate for the cost of the rescue. At some stage people have to be accountable for their own stupid decisions. The NSW Government talked about this many years ago but nothing ever happened.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH, asw120

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 month ago #219949 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Is Cobba swimming?
I know that Bridge Well Cobba, Been across it a time or 2. I Also had it blocked for an hour or so 27 or 28 Years ago.. But That's a Story for another Day (& Thread)

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, PaulFH

More
3 years 1 month ago #219951 by Brocky45
Replied by Brocky45 on topic Is Cobba swimming?
Damn!! You folks Down Under are having a bad time of it.. Last Year bad fires and this year flooding.. Our prayers are with you all for a safe recovery..
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Morris, V8Ian, wee-allis, PDU, oliver1950

More
3 years 1 month ago #219979 by cobbadog
Well today the ehavy rain eased to light showers and a drizzle off and on but mainly on. That West St in my pic has fallen about a metre in height to being well below road level but still laying in the paddocks. Further West from that pic the road is still closed but hopefull for it open tomorrow and same for the highway to officially be open if not already. So very soon the swimming can stop and the wading start. Can only go forward from here.
As for the Argossy across the road a service truck arrived just on dark was there for an hour then after trying to start the great lump a 'no go' was achieved so the service truck went. I can only guess a tow truck is next or have another go tomorrow qith more parts.
To be continued!

More
3 years 1 month ago #219987 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Is Cobba swimming?
Cobba, What about all the Diary Farms up there.?
I guess they're letting the Milk go out on the Ground, That's provided they can get the Cows to the Dairy & or have power to run the Machines..!!!

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
3 years 1 month ago #219994 by oliver1950
Replied by oliver1950 on topic Is Cobba swimming?
Hayseed,one dairy farm near me have a pto powered generator.I think he said they run over 20 electric motors in augers, mixers, grinders, conveyors, vacuum pumps, washout pumps, refrigeration pumps and others I can't recall.They are elevated like me but the milk is being pumped onto the pasture as the tankers can't get through.Others have lost their herds,swept away by the floods.
www.facebook.com/nbntelevision/videos/928382627909728/
www.facebook.com/groups/346745486729557/...ink/347284860008953/

You can't have too many toys!
The following user(s) said Thank You: hayseed, cobbadog, PaulFH, Brocky45

More
3 years 1 month ago #220010 by cobbadog
Haven't seen the usual dairy truck here in Coopy for a little while now and it usually drives through the same time as I head out. I did see a short arse one try to get to Lansdowne but he soon came back
Well this morning we were able to safely drive to Taree. Even though that usuless Live Traffic app claimed the highway closed, traffic was flowing at normal speed South and restricted speed North because they had road crews picking up those round bails of sillage off the highway and placing them in the gully beside the road. Many of them are torn open by rolling around and passing over barbed wire fences. There are a lot scattered across the p[addocks as well.
We managed to get some shopping done and back home all with no dramas. The Lansdowne River is below the tops of the banks but still a lot of water in the paddocks. You can see where water did come across the highway on Jones Island in a few places but looked worse at the Croki turn off and the southern side of the Lansdowne river bridge to old bridge road.
Will do a few jobs tomorrow in town and get back with a heap of work to keep me busy as more heavy rain is on the way again in a couple of days.
I hope that wee-allis is ok down south as what we had is in his back yard now so stay safe Steve.

More
3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #220021 by wee-allis
Replied by wee-allis on topic Is Cobba swimming?
Yes thanks Cobba, our little river peaked at 8.2 mtrs and didn't cause much trouble. They predicted over 200mm for yesterday and they must have held some back, as we only got 155mm in 12 hours.

We are lucky here at home as although we live toward the bottom of the valley, we are still a safe distance from the creek. Our only problem from the last 2 flood events this year was that the uphill neighbours new dam burst both times, but once again, it is beyond our home and sheds, so only put rubble over our place. He didn't repair it the last time, so we didn't have to worry this time.

Today, an absolutely beautiful day. Our thoughts are with all those poor folk who have been so badly affected by this event and at least, a sunny day makes anything look better.
Steve.
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by wee-allis.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, oliver1950

More
3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #220044 by cobbadog
Glad your safe n drad hope everyone else is as well.
Well we have had almost 2 dry days so the drought is on its way.
Already we are getting the smell of rotting grass and sillage comming up the hill. Another warm day again tomorrow will help a bit for those on properties.

Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by cobbadog.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrsmackpaul

More
3 years 3 weeks ago - 3 years 3 weeks ago #220240 by cobbadog
Going back to this time line, I may have mentioned that my neighbours truck went for a swim trying to get his partners Mum off a property and it had water above the wheels and was sitting there idling as he went to get the old girl and the truck stopped. Surprise! Next thing I knew a tractor towed it back home then a few days later a service truck pulled up and spent an hour on it and then left and a couple of days later the tilt tray lobbed up. $3000.00 for the tow back to Mavins Kempsey. They found the engine was good but the biggest problem was water in all the electrics and was advised the truck at around 5-6 months old is a write off. Main reason is the strong belief that the truck will have ongoing electrical issues and not worth repairing (N.W.R.).
The bosses both are not upset as the decision has saved them an ongoing fortune in repairs on the side of the road.

Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 3 weeks ago by IHScout.

Time to create page: 0.513 seconds