Skip to main content

Mobile 1's Inter D1510 354

More
2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #222888 by Mobile 1
Hi all, Recently I purchased a Inter D1510 354 perkins ex victorian country roads board tipper with a hydraulic behind cab crane it is now painted grey hammer finish which covered up its body faults what I can find out the original colour underneath is International school bus yellow, it has had rubbish in the flemming chamber which rusted out the air ducts and rusted the drivers side floor out so problems there ,also it has had two bucket seats fitted by the last owner , can anyone help with a bench seat and the bolt down centre floor panel the gear lever and handbrake come though as one lower side has rusted off, Much Obliged for any help, John.
Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by hayseed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: roKWiz

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 9 months ago #222893 by IHScout
Replied by IHScout on topic Inter D1510 354
G'day mobile 1, if you can't find a better centre floor panel, I would think it would be relatively easy to make up one yourself or patch up the old one. The problem is most Inters will have similar rust problems.

Dennis

More
2 years 9 months ago #222931 by Mobile 1
Replied by Mobile 1 on topic Inter D1510 354
Thank for your reply If no luck I may have to have a shot a making it, Regards John.

More
2 years 9 months ago #222941 by Mobile 1
Hi All, Further to prior post can anyone help with Inter D1510 original bolt on cabin side steps as the previous owner removed them , the further I look the more depressed I get, should have looked harder ,blinded with excitement, Regards John.

More
2 years 9 months ago #222948 by projectinter
Replied by projectinter on topic Inter D1510 354
The side steps are nearly impossible to remove so they are easy to find.
If you find a wreck I’d say they are still attached but you almost need to cut into the sills to remove them.
They have captive nuts that break and it’s very very awkward to get a spanner into hold the nut once the captive nut spins.

More
2 years 9 months ago #222962 by Mobile 1
Thank You ProjectInter Much Obliged I will take on board your advice.

More
2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #222965 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic Inter D1510 354
Sounds like a job for one of those 4" round spanners commonly called an angle grinder for easier removal.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.
Last edit: 2 years 9 months ago by cobbadog.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mobile 1

More
2 years 9 months ago #223382 by Mobile 1
Hi All, Re my recent post looking for d1510 inter steps and seat , I have been lucky and have found both and thank the members for their input, however I neglected to ask if anyone can help with a Drivers side bonnet hinge for the D1510 I am not sure but I think a lot of models may have the same hinges, Regards John.

More
2 years 9 months ago #223440 by JOHN.K.
All the same ,LH and RH ....trick is finding one that isnt sprung out of shape.......incidentally ,new owners need to realize the hinges need help closing down ,if things are getting cockeyed .......just slamming is a sure way of springing them out of shape.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mobile 1

More
2 years 9 months ago #223456 by Inter-Action
Hi there John. If you are not in a hurry i am in the process of wrecking a C1500. Both hinges are in very good working condition.

Time to create page: 0.495 seconds