Skip to main content

Turbo boost pressure and gauges

More
2 years 7 months ago #224018 by Blackduck59
Dave,
Should not gunk up unless the O ring on the slide pin is leaking.
Those slide pins have been know to get sticky, I leave a little oil in the hole to lube the O ring plus the main pin where the slide pin runs.
Did you mark the diaphragm before pulling it out though you will see where the slide pin runs. If it is like other VE's the pin is offset and you can vary the amount of fuel it gets.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #224019 by Dave_64
Steve, did mark the diaphragm and needle arrangement so they went back in the same way. Of course, unknown whether whoever had the engine before me had ever tampered with it. The good book is telling me that the pump is a Bosch VE4/11F and boost pressure set at 0.78 bar (11psi) ex factory. Dave_64
Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by Dave_64.

More
2 years 7 months ago #224020 by jon_d
Hi Steve,

Proper boost/vac gauge. Sorry, I didn't want to take Dave's thread off topic..... but;

the Isuzu turbo manifold is a bit strange. From the intercooler, the pipe splits into two and they run side by side and then join inlet manifold which (from memory) is split. One pipe feeds the the front 3 and the other feeds the back 3. The turbo gauge is off one feed and uses the same feed at the altitude compensation feed to the fuel pump. Hence it pulses. The needle is/was just reacting to the surging air from the pistons.

(if it was electronic, I imagine the response time of the sender would actually be slow enough not to pulse)

Time to create page: 0.420 seconds