Replied by wee-allis on topic Old 1 Pint Oil Tin
Cobba, PM sent.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 8 months ago #224798 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic Old 1 Pint Oil Tin
Reply sent with thanks.
Contacted Bel today and sounds good for a fuel tank. Pic will be sent son and then see what happens.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
2 years 7 months ago #224858 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic Old 1 Pint Oil Tin
Cobbadog If you have not found the one you want yet, I have a round tin that still holds fluid. I think it holds one litre, or maybe a quart. I have had it for a long time. It is about 5 and 3/16 inches high by 3 and a quarter diameter (132 x 109) and has a steel screw cap in the centre of the top.
I do not want anything for it but something towards the postage would be nice. PM me with your postal address if you want it.

Morris.

PS: stupid computer did not like "litre" because I did not spell it in American, so changed it to "lira" I am not going to Italy so a Lira is no use to me.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

More
2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #224869 by cobbadog
Hi Morris, thank you for your kind offer. The one offered by Bel earlier has been taken up by me and some $$ sent today. So once that arrives the tin will be on its waaay up here. I still may take you up on your offer as well if you dont mind. About to send a PM via Channel 40.

Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by cobbadog.

More
2 years 7 months ago #224881 by Inter-Action
Replied by Inter-Action on topic Old 1 Pint Oil Tin
Does the tin have to be the shape of old pint vertical screw on tin lid. If you know what i mean? I have several tanks off some small stationary engines. Like horizontal lawnmower, a couple of JAP engines . One round and one oval. Villiers tanks, Honda tanks , Briggs and Straton tanks. I haven't got a "Sherman" tank though.Shed isn't big enough.! Send a PM with your phone number or email and see if i can help.

More
2 years 7 months ago #224903 by cobbadog
Hi Inter, yes it does. I too have many fuel tanks from mowers and other stationary engines but all are horizontal. I am trying to keep it looking almost right. Thanks for the offer, I have 1 on the way and maybe a second.

More
2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #225228 by cobbadog
Well today I struck GOLD and did it twice. The help to find an oil tin that is suitable for a fuel tank to suit BILLY actually arrived today. Thankfully 2 members here responded to my request for help and both are fantastic cans and are of the right size. One is slightly different in the way the top is fitted and because it being so unusual I will keep this one aside to be with other oil cans I have. What made it so different is that the small screw on lid is offset and when I saw it I thought I cannot make changes to you.
With the other can and I am just as excited about it too is exactly what I was after in size and looks. So my plan is to solder a plate on the bottom so I can drill and tap a hole for the fuel tap. Then once my MIG welder is either repaired or when the replacement one arrives I need to tack weld a bracket to the top and bottom lips of the can.
So to both bel and MORRIS who very kindly replied to my request for help I certainly do appreciate your help.

Just tried to add this attachment and got this message. Not sure why as it posted in another thread here.

Could not move file into /home/hcvcorga/public_html/mainsite4/media/kunena/attachments/728/80aff866346fe5eefa753c4730117bcf.

Next attempt was this - Failed to write file to disk.

The file has already been compressed and already posted in the BILLY thread but wont write it here, odd.

Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by cobbadog.

More
2 years 7 months ago #225244 by Gryphon
Replied by Gryphon on topic Old 1 Pint Oil Tin
Hi,

the site ran out of space, however uploads should no be working again.

Terry
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, PaulFH

More
2 years 7 months ago #225279 by cobbadog
Hi MORRIS, sent a PM after some details please.

Here is the pick of the GOLD kindly sent to me.

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.490 seconds