Skip to main content

Where's all the projects?

More
2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #224786 by Dave_64
Would have thought with so many of us grounded, that many projects would have been worked on, or started. The Kogzbilt tilt cab coming along steadily, have the mast and lift assembly on, power steering box bolted in and plumbed, no column as yet, going to try and use an original inner shaft resplned to slide up and down. Next project will be to mount the 12v winch motor on one of the X members and run the cable up the mast. Thinking of using that rope you guys suggested, instead of the wire rope. Radiator sitting in place, have to plumb the intercooler hoses there. Biggest problem is I start half a dozen different jobs and leave things half finished! When I can get it out of the shed, will take a few pics.
Cheers, Dave_64
Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Dave_64.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, PaulFH, Tassie Dan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #224789 by wee-allis
Replied by wee-allis on topic Where's all the projects?
Here is my little project over the first week of lockdown. Just the rear wheels to go.
New clutch and coat of paint.

The before shot was taken during last years bushfires, hence the strange colouring caused by the smoke .
Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by wee-allis.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Dave_64, Lang, Mrsmackpaul, PaulFH, Tassie Dan

More
2 years 8 months ago #224792 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Where's all the projects?
Dave

We all have them. My list would be tiny compared with some.

Completely ignoring the huge list stuck to the fridge door!

* Fix gearbox in 1941 Chev
*Fix gear selector in the Poodle Mack
*Fit crane to Poodle Mack
*Fit beavertail to Poodle Mack.
* Get Bev to show me again which way to thread the cord on HER whipper snipper.
*Replace wheel bearing in OKA
*Rewire tandem trailer
* Have Bev try to teach me for the 45th time how to fold up our bloody pop-up shower tent.

If you don't die with any projects on the boil you have wasted your life. I doubt there are many forum members in that boat.

Despite my list, like you, I like looking at other people's projects. Can you believe I am fascinated by the project to hot rod a VICTA lawnmower FFS!

Lang
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Dave_64, V8Ian, oliver1950, Tassie Dan

More
2 years 8 months ago #224793 by wee-allis
Replied by wee-allis on topic Where's all the projects?
Lang, if Bev manages to teach you how to fold up the pop up shower, can I borrow her for a while. I've never managed to get ours back in the bloody bag.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Lang

More
2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #224797 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic Where's all the projects?
Dave, I think I know your problem, your not a woman who aparently are the only creatures that can do more than one job at a time.
Steve, Lovely job on the Yanma.
Lang, please share the secret to folding them bloody portable showers up. I sat there for over an hour with the destructions and still could not do it. End result was it went on Gumtree and is now out of my life.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.
Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by cobbadog.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave_64, Lang, Mrsmackpaul

More
2 years 8 months ago #224813 by PDU
Replied by PDU on topic Where's all the projects?
So funny reading this, especially the shower tent and Lang's comment about lawnmowers. We are all suffering from the same problems . . .

Dave_64, it is a great way of having an alternative to turn to when something becomes just that bit too much. I have set of points and a condensor to put into the Triumph that imploded the wiring (big time) because I left the ignition turned on while charging the battery!! They've been sitting on the rocker cover for about a month now, no rush, when I feel the urge maybe? :unsure:
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Dave_64, Lang

More
2 years 8 months ago #224829 by Zuffen
Replied by Zuffen on topic Where's all the projects?
I haven't touched my MightyBoy project since Christmas as since moving all I seem to have done is work on an almost new house.

Helen's shed has been a full time project that will be finished one day.
I did get to complete the wine cellar under the house and the storage in the roof for all those essentials Helen won't get rid of, but will never use.

I have a few projects in mind for myself but I may not get to them before I die of old age.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lang, Tassie Dan

More
2 years 8 months ago #224832 by Mrsmackpaul

all I seem to have done is work on an almost new house.

Sorry but that gave me a good chuckle, it probably wasnt meant to but it did

Im sure the new house will be well worth it in the end
The back onto "Project Mighty Boy"

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
2 years 8 months ago #224841 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic Where's all the projects?
Just in case confessions good for the soul?... I confess, mighty ACCO got a new battery last week and a celebratory rumble out to the main road and back, no mishaps.... but the old inter A40 loader has not started since I tried to fit an alternator, bought a new coil, yet to be fitted, chamberlain still weeping all the R-send oil from the stupid hydraulic 3pl shocker thingo... bought more oil.... Mrs Sarge playing rough so Sarge shed contents about to hit facebook, might be nearly as much fun as collecting it was...... found 3 new rats nests........

And I too am watching the hot rodding of a vict lawn mower.... ffs ..... ffs.

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Lang, Mrsmackpaul

More
2 years 8 months ago #224844 by 600Dodge
Replied by 600Dodge on topic Where's all the projects?
I'd love to be doing something, Ive got a heap on the go and a bench full of new or rebuilt parts (not to mention a full time job I can't go to)but Ive had some flesh eating parasite in my foot so ive been confined to a cycle of bed, chair, hospital, repeat for far too long, keep up the good work boys, at least I get to see what other people are doing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: allan, Lang, Mrsmackpaul, Normanby, Tassie Dan

Time to create page: 0.597 seconds