Skip to main content

Where's all the projects?

More
2 years 7 months ago #224848 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic Where's all the projects?
I have a list of projects large and small to do and the weather has been very good for this time of the year but I just cannot get motivated. I have not even installed the new battery I got free under warranty on 1st June. I have window tint to put on the rear window of that restoration as well but have not got around to it. I have lots of boxes and cartons in the garage that are waiting to have to contents sorted and listed. I have kept up to date with lawn mowing, weeding the garden, tying back growing plants as well as cutting and splitting firewood. At 7.25am this morning a courier woke me up with a kit for the electric windows on Mrs. Morris's car and I have only got as far as removing three screws from underneath the door lining. Had to lie on my back and work above my head to do so and at my age and lack of mobility that is a big ask.
I was rescued just after three this afternoon by the lady next door asking if I would come and help her Hubby who has recently been diagnosed with dementia, install a flyscreen he had taken out for cleaning and could not get back in. He and I struggled with it for quite a while and I explained that often there is an extra clearance at one edge to allow you to put the screen in and move it enough to get the opposite side in place. We found the sliding window was not opening enough to allow the flyscreen in, when EUREKA! I said "I wonder if it is the window that lifts up and comes out to allow the screen in?" It was. I did. I took the window out, put in screen in and replaced the window.
Too late then, because of the cold and the lack of daylight to continue with the car window winder. Oh well it will give me something to do tomorrow. Also, there was a glass of red wine inside that was screaming out for me to pour it and drink it.
My next restoration that I want to drive interstate next Easter, is too far away from me during lockdown, so it will have to wait a bit longer.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, PaulFH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 7 months ago #224850 by Inter-Action
I have a AB150 under repair and restoration. Having no end of strife getting a stubborn inner wheel off. Other side came off easy. Body of truck is very good , with the vent boxes needing some tlc. Same old problem water laying in the boxes because of lack of drainage.
No other rust , besides roof surface rust as has the bonnet. Mechanically good , besides a full set of wheel cylinders. Found a full set NOS. And i know a lot of people prefer s/s sleeving. I reckon new cylds with silicone fluid they will outlast me. Price had a big part of the final decision. S/S -- $1600 versus $540 NOS genuine cast cylinders? If i need a change i can always play with my Latest stationary engine. Hornsby around 1911 ? Have put nearly $400 of suitable welding rods into repairing the head so far,and not finished yet. Having trouble working out how to include some photos. Bare with me. First time poster.
The following user(s) said Thank You: IHScout, allan, 180wannabe, cobbadog, Lang, PaulFH, asw120, oliver1950, Tassie Dan

More
2 years 7 months ago #224852 by 180wannabe
I like both projects very much!

More
2 years 7 months ago #224854 by projectinter
Spent half a day installing a carter fuel pump on my 1970 C1600 4x4.
Blanked off the mechanical at the block and wired the new pump through a relay.
Was a fiddly job.
Went to put back in the shed and wouldn’t start. Pump was screaming. Had fuel at the carb.. Pulled carb off and found blocked with a bit of rubber from hose.
Now might as well get it reco whiles it’s off.
1 step forward 2 steps back

More
2 years 7 months ago #224855 by PaulFH
Replied by PaulFH on topic Where's all the projects?
Yes, good photos too.
Is that wheel a job for the BF hammer, or FB one?

More
2 years 7 months ago #224859 by Mrsmackpaul

Just in case confessions good for the soul?... I confess, mighty ACCO got a new battery last week and a celebratory rumble out to the main road and back, no mishaps.... but the old inter A40 loader has not started since I tried to fit an alternator, bought a new coil, yet to be fitted, chamberlain still weeping all the R-send oil from the stupid hydraulic 3pl shocker thingo... bought more oil.... Mrs Sarge playing rough so Sarge shed contents about to hit facebook, might be nearly as much fun as collecting it was...... found 3 new rats nests........

And I too am watching the hot rodding of a vict lawn mower.... ffs ..... ffs.

The Chamberlain shocker thingo, is that were the top link goes ?

Bit of a job fixing that, a crapy little O ring is all the seal is but it's not really suitable for the job

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #224870 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic Where's all the projects?
PDU have you considered that possibly the coil is at fault after being on for so long. The points should of survived alright and just a good clean up usually brings them back to life. Recently I started using a diamond file on my points to get them nice and level and clean. The set of files came off Fleabay and were dirt cheap but work well. I also gave up on using condednsors. I have been using film capacitors at around $1.10 each and they last far better than condensors and appear to give a better spark.

Inter-Acton, love the Rouston and hope to hear it running one day. As for the stuck wheel the ebst help already offered is that FBH and I would use that without the puller on it. Keep flogging it at different points around the rim and it will let go. The puller in my way of thinking will be trying to roll that inner edge and catch on the hub.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.
Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by cobbadog.

More
2 years 7 months ago #224872 by Mairjimmy
Replied by Mairjimmy on topic Where's all the projects?
Slack is what l have been, haven't touched it since l started it and getting it's electric working other than putting the back windows in. The windscreens have stop me, will have to get Windscreen OByan

Inter Action that's some wheel puller

Time to get up andd get going.......todays bad decisions aren't going to make themselves!!!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: IHScout, 180wannabe, cobbadog, Lang, Mrsmackpaul, PaulFH, asw120, Tacho, oliver1950

More
2 years 7 months ago #224879 by Inter-Action
I have tried several different size hammers. They are all getting a bit heavy! Lots of heat, puller off , hit again from inside and under the vehicle. I will be looking for 2 rims sometime soon. I have no spare and this one will be so bashed about i dare not put it on the road.

More
2 years 7 months ago #224880 by Inter-Action
Thanks for the feed back cobbadog. I take your point re twisting the rim inwards. I have not got to many options. Physio is doing very nicely of late trying to keep the shoulder working. All these hammers are getting "SO" heavy. Next trick is to cut the rim off. ? The Hornsby is a good standby project. Then there are 3 other trucks i am wrecking, then there are lots more engines, then there is the tray to rejuvinate for the AB150. So i have enough projects for a while.Photos to follow later .
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

Time to create page: 0.644 seconds