Skip to main content

Where's all the projects?

More
2 years 7 months ago #224909 by Inter-Action
Yeh . The engine is part of my engine collection in Tumby Bay and as such it is only run for short demonstrations. I have had it run for 1/2 hr with no problems. There is no load on it which also prevents it from getting to hot.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 7 months ago #224910 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Where's all the projects?
Not under power...you need about 30 gallons of water in a tank to cool an 8hp running continuous......like a generator running or big blower.

More
2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #224911 by JOHN.K.
Dunno if it qualifies as a project,but Im finally moving my machines from Willawong into the new Titan shed ......already found I should have made the walls about 300 higher ........not for inside,but the roller doors.......Anyhoo,have dragged four machines out ,took one home on the ute,getting it off was a battle......so crane trucks from now on............So , Transport have forgiven me for the oil spill ,and I booked a truck for today...........biggest weight is two ton,total load 4 1/2 ton......so I ordered a single drive tray with a 8000 size crane ..8 ton metre...................what turns up is the giant 8 wheeler that costs $250/hr ......driver was a young guy ,and damn near uncooperative ....maybe all young guys are now.....point blank refused to shift the truck after the outriggers were out ........I thought 250 /hr bought some service ...but no...............Giant 33 ton metre crane severely restricts headroom under the roller door ............strange thing,many years ago Bruce Dickson could put a 4 ton lathe in under a house with bare headroom......................To top it off,driver could see I was peeved ,so he blew his air horn all down the street on the way out .......... Im keeping a low profile.
Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by JOHN.K..

More
2 years 7 months ago #224912 by JOHN.K.
Why was the driver pissed with me?......I made him tie the machines down properly .....can I tell ya how much he hates chains?

More
2 years 7 months ago #224917 by Mrsmackpaul
Inter-Action I would try a chain a hydraulic jack, as long as the pump side of the hydraulic jack is pointing down they seem to work ok on their side

I would first try just one side of the wheel with out a chain, I would use the opposite side chassis rail to jack off or maybe the opposite side spring

You'll get a lot more force than the puller and once it starts to move a bit it will come off pretty easy

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
2 years 7 months ago #224919 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic Where's all the projects?
Hayseed: I have but a length of clear, plastic hose connecting the water pipes on mine. Sticks up high enough to keep the head wet inside. Will idle for hours without getting hot, as does the 6hp. (except the 6hp won't stay still on the shed floor!)

John: It will be good to see your machines in a shed without tall grass growing through them. It was hard to tell what I was looking at. Did you keep the crank grinder?

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
2 years 7 months ago #224926 by JOHN.K.
Nope ,it went to China.......one guy who was incredibly pissed I was scrapping it.....,I offered it to him for free......nope ,he had no where for it........The grinder had never been used ..it was one of a pair from the army ...they took a few bits off ,never used it.............if I had gone ahead buying the giant sheds at Gatton,I would have saved the lot ......so much for that........Anyway ,the $350/ton I got for the last 40 tons was way more than I paid for any of that stuff..............got about 10 guys wanting the old crane ......but Im keeping that.

More
2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #224928 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Where's all the projects?
I've got this Old Lister that I cut My Firewood with. After a couple of Hours of hard Work the Tank will be Too hot to Touch.!

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -
Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by hayseed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, PaulFH, asw120

More
2 years 7 months ago #224929 by Inter-Action
Bloody good idea! I have just borrowed a full brand new Porta Power kit for another job. It has enough extensions to reach other side chassis rail. Nothing stopping me leaving the puller on with some pressure. But i do like your idea of one side at a time ,just get it started. Thanks very much for the suggestion. May save lots of oxy and hammering,which is not working.
I will give that a go over the w/e and let you know how i get on. On ya Paul. Sounds like a bloody good idea worth trying.

More
2 years 7 months ago #224931 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic Where's all the projects?
InterAction I have the same lister, i get mine chugging about no cooler at all for short runs, it likes to dance about, relocates to a new location each time.

Paul, you are right about the 3pl damper thingo, biggest hurdle is draining the remaining oil out to get the shaft out and replace the o ring.

added a few more toys to the sell it all heap.... must get the camera out....

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

Time to create page: 0.520 seconds