Skip to main content

Where's all the projects?

More
2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #225611 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic Where's all the projects?
No Photo no proof:---- still slaving away, actually it is not such a bad thing, sorting the good junk from the junk junk or the gunna sell junk....
this lot is the gunna sell junk, need to dust of the spiderwebs and catalog for a facebook market place unload. I was always going to set up an overhead shaft to run grinders, saws, compressor, drill press..... like an old fashioned work shop.... gunna.

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.
Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by Sarge.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, PaulFH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #225613 by Sarge
and one for maybe Lang..... a 16.00 x 16 tube, apparently from a spitfire. just the start you need to build a project.... anyone want it free plus postage....
Some years ago my $25 Horwood Bagshaw series II header blew a tyre (& tube). despite Dunlop Australia sales denying they ever made or sold a Dunlop Implement Tyre 15.00 x 16 (or was it 16.00 x 15) I managed to find a brand new one in captivity at the now defunct AB tyre recyclers in Bendigo .... they had it for some years and bought it from a farmer who never got around to fitting it. Header now worth $125 but still needed a tube. Some of you will recall the WWII re-sellers in Sydney road Fawkner, they had lotsa great war stuff rusting away.... but sold up and moved to Kyneton where on this occasion they sold me this tube.... along with the Spitfire information. I was not desperate enough to need it, because I found the right size tube ...... dont recall where.... and header now worth $325. Might just about get some of that back as scrap...

Sarge B)
Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by Sarge.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, PaulFH, wee-allis

More
2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #225614 by Dave_64
Replied by Dave_64 on topic Where's all the projects?
Sarge!
Gonna have to pull you up on your terminology, "JUNK" !
Woman have junk!
I see a shed full of STOCK!
Dave_64
Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by Dave_64.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, PaulFH

More
2 years 7 months ago #225624 by Sarge
Dave, I was using a four letter word for effect.

Sarge B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave_64

More
2 years 7 months ago #225630 by PDU
Replied by PDU on topic Where's all the projects?
Honourable sir I was velly hard to be looking for so good to be junk for my sailing on the Yangtze River and being ah so velly happy to be of the finding. :blink:
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, asw120

More
2 years 7 months ago #225637 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic Where's all the projects?
Sarge :-X Was that reseller in Shitzme Road called Coles Brothers or Smith Brothers or something similar? Their yard was enclosed in a green corrugated iron fence.
I went in there once before they moved and a huge fat Brother apparently thought I disparaged English vehicles for being slow. When I could get a word in edgeways, I told him I had seven Morris Commercials but I could not settle him down so I left.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

More
2 years 7 months ago #225641 by Sarge
Morris, I think their name was Hughes and I certainly met 3 generations of them while there. The place was the original convict quarry site for the blue stone for Pentridge prison amongst other things. They had vehicles and parts and engines and hardware and stuff... stuff everywhere.... I recall a mountain of steel ammo boxes ten feet high, all the ones I looked at had the bottom rusted out, too many years in the weather. I found a R&T enigine in a wooden crate still packed in grease.... not for sale... in the end I bought a Petter twin cyl in a carry frame with crank and cam drive.... great thing, very useful, another project to get running again. Its been sitting in neglect for a good few years.

And they didnt last long in Kyneton... they had taken over the Ford Dealership yard, but after about 3 years fizzled away.

Sarge B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

More
2 years 7 months ago #225658 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic Where's all the projects?
Here is a project I have wanted done for months but you nearly have to threaten the guy with death before it got done. Now it is done I have settled down. This is our bottom driveway and when I park Bongo the Hiace van away in his car port I always back up the drive and park. If the ground has a mist of water over it, Bongo breaks traction as there is not enough weight over the rear wheels so you go no where except out the driveway and park up the top side driveway. This road base is 3% and the skid steer loader also came with a heavy vibrating roller to compact it all down nicely along with some water. Already it has hardened up nicely. Bongo had to do his usual 'photo bomb'. This was boxed out to 100mm deep and 150mm of road base rolled in.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

More
2 years 7 months ago #225694 by Zuffen
Replied by Zuffen on topic Where's all the projects?
Watch the clothes line.

If it catches poor Bongo he'll suffer.

More
2 years 7 months ago #225696 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Where's all the projects?
Roadbase is really good.....down the side of my house to the back was all eroded so deep cars couldnt get down the track......which didnt matter because I had a C1300 IH......but anyhoo,I had a Case 580 to fix ,so fibbed about completion of the job,and got in 10 cu m of "crusher dust",and just filled the ruts ,nothing else .......well ,that crusher dust (actually roadbase with a lot more dust") is still there 45 years later ,still solid ,never eroded beyond a few pebbles washed into the back yard .....and there has been some weather in all those years.........10m cost $200 delivered ....possibly the best $200 I ever spent.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

Time to create page: 0.496 seconds