Skip to main content

What is this?

More
2 years 7 months ago #225078 by rex
Replied by rex on topic What is this?
Hi Cobba
You have the only set of ramps I have ever seen with a positive camber please tell me how you managed to do it?
Rex

Making a small effort to save the history of road transport in Australia by being in front of Simms
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 7 months ago #225085 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic What is this?
There is a story behind them. We bought Lorry from a guy in Newcastle who ran a driving school as well as doing bit bit of earthmoving. As the story goes, a mate, asked to borrow the truck to move a loader. Guess what, the loader was too heavy for the truck and ramps and they sagged down.
When Lorry came home the ramps had to be moved further apart and also be made wider by welding in longer rungs. It was at this point I decided to flip the ramps and weld everything back to being as it is now. The final outcome is when I drive the tractor/s up and down these ramps as they are it makes life so much easier because once past half way up you get a good view of what is in front. Backing down the ramps I simply watch down beside the footplate of the tractor or back the tractor up until the edge of the beavertail and just ride the brakes down slowly while sitting around on the extra wide double seat of the David Brown and you can clearly see the tyres and ramps.
Just for a change making this decision worked out well for me and also made it easy to winch up an LH SLR Torana on to the back without scraping.
Now with all the old narrow rungs that were cut off I ahd kept them and only about a month ago I used the last of them on a project.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
2 years 7 months ago #225086 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic What is this?
A low vehicle will not belly out on the angle at the back of the tray like straight ramps either.

More
2 years 7 months ago #225097 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic What is this?

A low vehicle will not belly out on the angle at the back of the tray like straight ramps either.

I believe you can buy curved ramps for loading ride on mowers into trailers for the same reason.
Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
2 years 7 months ago #225110 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic What is this?
The ramps I have for loading engines and mowers into the box trailer before I mounted the engine crane were foldable and you droped the legs down at the mid point so yes they too had a bump in them. They have proved to be ahandy pair of ramps too.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

Time to create page: 0.451 seconds