Skip to main content

Looking for acco tilt cab spring setup

More
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #225667 by Dave_64
That could be a problem then. I'm going off those photos that Hayseed bunged up, very short tails on the coil spring ends.
Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by Dave_64.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #225671 by JOHN.K.
Can you get different shapes......I had problems getting the setup to work straight ,IIRC.....but not sure why.......There are much stronger ones that used to be fitted to low loader ramps ..........but floats I see now are fancy double fold ramps worked by electric hydraulic setups from a hand radio device.No truck driver gets his hands dirty nowdays......or even gets his white leather gloves smudged.
Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by JOHN.K..

More
2 years 6 months ago #225673 by Dave_64
Sent an email to the distributor, hopefully get back to me soon
Dave

More
2 years 6 months ago #225675 by cobbadog
Those horse float springs come in different load ratings. When the rmps on Lorry were altered to suit our application the springs were removed along with the ramps.Time to refit them we had to think about how best to do it. In the end we cut out one of the 50mm angle iron rungs, lifted the ramp up and then we were able to just put a length of pipe on the short end and lever it forward then weld the rung back in place. My ramps are heavy and even with bad shoulders I can still comfortably lift the ramps up so they do work well. Fitting them under the cab with little room to work might be tricky.
Same with as struts. There are many different ratings with them as to how much they can lift. There was a concern about the length of the strut but they do not have to be a couple of metres long, they can be mounted closer to the pivot point. Might be worth while just having a talk to the guys who regas struts as they can then suggest if they can or cannot do it. For this option a close weight of the cab will have to be known so if you know someone with a caravan tow ball weighing scale that would be a bonus.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave_64

Time to create page: 0.413 seconds