Skip to main content

Comet's first Grey Ghost for sale on Gumtree

More
2 years 7 months ago #225699 by 600Dodge
Just having a saturday scrounge through whats for sale and up pops Comets first (allegedly) grey ghost, its not going but most of its seems to be there $10000. Ad id 1280548546

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #225704 by overnite
Can’t see how that’s the first Comet ghost when it hasn’t got Kansas City door handles. I drove them in 68 and 69 and and all of the early ones had the high door handles, as can be seen in my avatar.
Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by overnite.

More
2 years 7 months ago #225708 by JOHN.K.
Cab replaced,chassis replaced,diffs replaced ,engine replaced...etc......all thats original is the door handle.s........wait ,nope they were replaced too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
2 years 7 months ago #225713 by Dave_64
Grandpa's Axe??

More
2 years 7 months ago #225736 by werkhorse
That truck IS the first grey ghost that Comet received... Fleet number DT201... Chassis number confirms it... It is/was the 16th truck ordered by Wally Shapowloff... The first 15 he received and put to work at KAA... Before he sold out to TNT in November 1968... This was the first truck received after the sale so TNT put it into the Comet fleet.

But as has been mentioned... It had z bit changed on it over the years... It is over 50 years old after all... And will need a lot of work... But should really be restored back to original if possible

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, PaulFH, oliver1950, Tassie Dan

More
2 years 7 months ago #225739 by roKWiz
Took a few pictures of that truck at Clarendon a couple of years back.

Heritage Stonemason
In order that the labour of centuries past may not be in vain during the centuries to come... D. Did
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, PaulFH, xspanrman, oliver1950, Tassie Dan

More
2 years 7 months ago #225742 by 600Dodge
In the gumtree photos it looks like it has a turntable on it at the moment.

More
2 years 7 months ago #225744 by roKWiz

In the gumtree photos it looks like it has a turntable on it at the moment.

Did then.

Heritage Stonemason
In order that the labour of centuries past may not be in vain during the centuries to come... D. Did
Attachments:

More
2 years 7 months ago #225745 by 600Dodge
Did the same bloke have it then?

More
2 years 7 months ago #225746 by werkhorse
Yes Trevor Ellwood has owned it for a long time now... Ever since it was confirmed as a ghost

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

Time to create page: 0.503 seconds