Updated 28th July.

If you are unable to login, you probably need to read this change to your username & profile.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Just finished. 11 Sep 2021 21:11 #225716

• wee-allis
  • wee-allis's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 588
If any part is not new, it's better than new.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge :-X, 180wannabe, cobbadog, Lang, Mrsmackpaul, Mairjimmy, overlander, PaulFH, roKWiz, V8Ian and 3 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Just finished. 11 Sep 2021 21:40 #225720

• Mrsmackpaul
  • Thank you received: 1302
Looks pretty classy even if it is a Ford lol, nah seriously, thats sweet looking ride

Anymore details to share on it

Paul
Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

Just finished. 11 Sep 2021 21:46 #225722

• Sarge :-X
  • Thank you received: 302
I'm with MrsMack, seriously good looking truck,
Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

Just finished. 11 Sep 2021 22:14 #225727

• wee-allis
  • wee-allis's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 588
Bought new by local contractor and when he decided to get rid of it, he donated it to his most senior driver, who has been with him since he started work. Before the hand over, the owner replaced all the brakes, new turntable and anything else which needed doing. Then Les, then new owner, virtually dismantled it and rebuilt it, back to new. He painted it in the original company colours and signwriting in honour of the original owner. Cummins power. Just waiting for the lockdown to be lifted, so Mr Cummins can come and do a tune-up on it, not that it will ever go back to work.
I might add, Les has worked for this guy since the 120 horse Pelican powered, Butter Box ACCO days. Went from Loius to IH Eagles and now in a KW. Obviously a great boss and reliable driver.

He has a T line in the shed, which got the same treatment, including a gal cab from out west. It is every bit as nice. It was restored back into the original owners colour scheme and signwriting. I'll get some shots of it when it is next out of the shed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bparo, 180wannabe, cobbadog, Lang, PaulFH, xspanrman, oliver1950, Tassie Dan

Last edit: by wee-allis.

Just finished. 17 Sep 2021 20:22 #225829

• Tassie Dan
  • Thank you received: 52
Awesome bit of gear and a great story to go with. Love it.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.248 seconds

Historic Commercial Vehicles Club of Australia Inc.  Post: P.O. Box 2020 Bayswater Vic. 3153    Clubrooms: Unit 8 / 4  Macquarie Place Boronia    Club Phone: 0400 025 525    Club Rooms:  03) 9738 1558